Brake upgrade question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bumpin thanks for all the info alot of pics always helps

Yessir!!! HOLD UP!!! You been in my garage!!?? LOL! Man that rear looks clean as hell!!! I did a rear end clean up thread a while back. Looking real good bro! Glad I could help...Keep us posted

LsWarren

How bout rear ls1 disc what you guys run n for proportioning valve

I picked up a disc/disc prop valve. A cheapy from ebay. My club bro Saint got a nice one before he sold the bu. I think the new owner removed it and put the dick/drum one back in. He said the rear brakes lock up and he couldnt do a burn out or something like that. I'll ask Saint about that one. I feel its best to have an adjustable prop valve up front so you can adjust and dial in the rear brakes. Mine is controlled from the Wilwood mc setup and is ez to reach..

I picked up a disc/disc prop valve. A cheapy from ebay. My club bro Saint got a nice one before he sold the bu. I think the new owner removed it and put the dick/drum one back in. He said the rear brakes lock up and he couldnt do a burn out or something like that. I'll ask Saint about that one. I feel its best to have an adjustable prop valve up front so you can adjust and dial in the rear brakes. Mine is controlled from the Wilwood mc setup and is ez to reach..
So when u run a adj i thought i read somewhere u have to gut the old one out that goes to the rear?

Sorry so late to respond bro.(work nights) That's a new one on me but I will ask around. You could call up a tech line at one of the brake companies for more help on that. I don't re-call any of my bros running the adjustae prop valve doing that.

Great clean post LSWarren, I have a ton of info in my thread also. I am running an adjustable proportioning/combination valve with brake switch in my wagon. Haven't had it on the road to try it out.

Excellent write-up as usual, Warren. You can't get more thorough than that...good job, my man!

• Agree
Reactions: CDUNIGAN1981
Warren, curious if you had any interference issues between the caliper and the brake hose bracket attached to the frame?
I've been working on installing this same 14" C5 hybrid brake setup and just noticed today that at full steering lock the calipers are going to hit. In fact it appears the brake hose and bolt are going to hit the frame as well.

Thanks,

It seems that its all down to preference.
I have seen some gut the stock valve and run a proportioning valve in its place. Others gut it and leave it open to what I would guess be a 50/50 bias, I have seen others switch to a disk / disk prop valve.
In my case I left the stock valve in there ( and so have at least 3 others that I know ). Its been run that way for years and many miles now with no ill effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor