Brake Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I have 11" rotors with single piston F body calipers and I'm using EBC yellow pads, in the back I have the A body rear so they have the bolt in wheel cylinders, I have locked up the 4 wheels at over 80 mph.

KCP

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2018
Bavaria, Germany
Locking up brakes at high speed is one thing, being able to do that 10x in a row without fading and and the pads falling apart is another thing.
At work I see Brembo pads falling apart in less than 100mls on the track, even our Porsches go through pads like butter. For me, there can't be enough brake, or cubic inches for that matter.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Locking up brakes at high speed is one thing, being able to do that 10x in a row without fading and and the pads falling apart is another thing.
At work I see Brembo pads falling apart in less than 100mls on the track, even our Porsches go through pads like butter. For me, there can't be enough brake, or cubic inches for that matter.

I agree with you, if I was racing and using the brakes frequently I'd have disk in the back. When we raced G bodies on asphalt circle and had to keep the rear drums. The brake pedal would go down as the rear drums heated with use. It's surprising however the stock front brake rotors were cherry red the whole race and that stock set up lasted weak after weak, With the sportsman we built we has the recirculating brake fluid system to keep the brakes working, brakes can win a race almost as much as the gas pedal can.....

jakeott.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

paul.m

Master Mechanic
Oct 20, 2018
How much does a LS1 brake swap run with all new components ? I have never checked. The 4 piston Wilwood with 12'' rotors can be had for around $800 not a bad deal if you ask me. Of course some of the cost involved is based on the name but lets be honest that's why most of us even want it.

View attachment 100531
Wow i guess i have been out of the hot rod circle,s longer than i thought . I dont think i have seen a set like that. completely bolt together like that !

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor