Bucket List Car marked off & new project

AlexT

AlexT

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 18, 2020
Georgia
I've been lucky enough to do some cars in the past. LIke a lot of you I like way too many cars. I'm not a die hard chevy/ford/Dodge guy. I'm just a car guy. I enjoy certain cars for certain things. I like to tinker and I like to make them my own.

I've redone a
63 Olds Cutlass F-85 (my high school car)
67 Dodge Dart
too many 80s box Caprices to count
64 Mini with fiberglass front end
66 Mercedes 250S,
2 Jeeps for rock crawling (LJ & TJ)
Dodge Magnum wagon
85 BMW 635CSI
13 BMW 335IS
85 Ford Thunderbird
93 Mustang LX
and now a 79 Malibu Landau Classic

Things I plan on doing. Thought about going the usual standard blown LS route but I've never had a big block. Talked it over with the wifey and asked her opinion because she'll drive it more than me (work is complicated & I'm lucky to have married someone that enjoys cars as much as me). She looked at me said, we need a big block. :notworthy: A happy wife is a happy life. Now if she would just learn to drive stick after all these years. I'm sure a lot of you have seen it 4 sale in TN. it has your standard 305. but that'll change over the summer and looking at going the full suspension route. After driving a few foreign sports coupes over the years you get spoiled by the handling. This will probably be my last project car and my keeper. I've always wanted a Malibu, the only sad thing was I never could find a floor shifter model for the right price. I'll have to add that and change the seats. It's got the split bench, good for sex & comfy but not good in turns ;)
5.jpg
26.jpg

Last edited:
M

moby92

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 27, 2017
Welcome! Great to have you on the board, and man that's one nice find!

5spdCab

Master Mechanic
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
I'll echo the good starting point.
Sounds like you already have an idea of what you want to do with her. Good Luck, glad to hear that the wife approves of the new mistress, ha-ha!

Reactions: AlexT
C

ck80

Royal Smart Person
Feb 18, 2014
I'm always a suckered for the bright red interiors of 1983-down gm products... in chevy that would still be carmine red in that year?

Looks pretty solid, hopefully that way throughout. There's something to be said for buying something thats ready to customize without screwing around with undoing hack job repairs and fixing worn out junk, it brings the gratification at the end sooner!

Reactions: AlexT
AlexT

AlexT

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 18, 2020
Georgia
Yeah, I got really lucky. The paint is a 20 footer but it's not a rust bucket, the floors are good, Jimmy joe didn't rig the up. There are some interior parts that need replacing, but that's just cosmetic stuff. It's a good base which is getting harder and harder to find in these as we all know. Part of the bad with G Bodies as we all know, is that they appeal to all genres and generations. The dragster, G-ride racers, Donks, lowriders, etc......... These cars fill every niche be it a Monte, Regal, Cutlass, & Malibu.

Bad because good examples get raped and the prices are getting crazier these days.

Good because the aftermarket is starting to catch up to a good platform, which in all honesty is a great platform. The other good thing is that the base platform (engine and power wise) was so horrific that "original numbers matched" isn't really a concern for most of us, unless it's a slant back Monte Aero Coupe or Hurst editions for example

Reactions: Streetbu
L.A.X-RATED

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
Yall need a rust free t-top gbody!!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Hubb79 Bucket seats Interior 0
W ISO bucket seat tracks Wanted 1
P Gbody bucket seats G-Body Parts For Sale / Trade 3
T Looking for bucket seats Wanted 1
4 Late Model Bucket Seat Installation Interior 12
Streetbu Grey Monte bucket seats General Discussion 14
MrSony Worth it? Mike's Montes $749 Bucket Seats General Discussion 29
S What did these come out of? General Discussion 5
AlexT WANTED Red bucket Sets........Found Thanks Wanted 2
AZRegal 2 sets of manual bucket seat tracks. G-Body Parts For Sale / Trade 9
Brettbolte MALIBU Paralyzed n need help New Users 13
08Malibu 79 Cutlass bucket seat chrome-NJ Wanted 9
Red78Calais4speed Cutlass 4-dr bucket seats G-Body Parts For Sale / Trade 5
QS442 Bucket seat track (drivers) or both Wanted 0
Chuck Cole Bucket Seat Applications Chevrolet El Camino / GMC Caballero 66
565bbchevy Bucket seats General Discussion 4
Ribbedroof MALIBU Looking for a picture- OE 81 Malibu bucket seats General Discussion 5
vanrah :SLAY The DRAGON" Bucket trip Oct 18-19 General Discussion 8
Hubb79 Bucket seats Interior 3
Hubb79 Mounting bucket seats How-To's / Knowledge Base 1
Bri guy Bucket seat adjustment Interior 3
Furtrader Need 1980 442 bucket seat replacement covers Interior 2
Hubb79 Bucket seats G-Body Build Threads 6
Hubb79 Bucket seat spring General Discussion 0
Hubb79 Bucket seat tracks Interior 2
Hubb79 Bucket seat swap General Discussion 5
V Elco Seats won't slide Interior 4
H 60/40 power seat track vers bucket power seat track Interior 1
joesregalproject Christmas List OFF TOPIC 10
Kemper1976 Drag Week 2019 Participant list - Any Info Posted yet??? Drag Racing 3
80oldscutlass Craig’s List Deal Oldsmobile Cutlass / 442 / Hurst/Olds 24
jakes87SS just picked up the july 85 car and driver G body issue General Discussion 12
RICKDIZZLE For us RC car junkies.... OFF TOPIC 20
blk7gxn 2020 Cancelled car Show Events/ ONLINE CAR SHOW HERE! General Discussion 32
fast86gn Attention G bodies of Texas "Drive your car" BBQ Road trip May 30th 2020 to Brett's BBQ in Rockdale TX Events 2
Emhendo Underneath my car CAUGHT on FIRE General Discussion 14
Doug213xrj 2x4 wood car stands General Discussion 37
Emhendo Car Won't Start. Battery or Starter? General Discussion 11
J F body donor car General Discussion 89
TURNA NYC LONG ISLAND "CAR SHOW" MAY 16 ,2020 FOOD DRIVE Events 12
Ribbedroof Here's why I'll never buy a Landau top car General Discussion 16
80elky911 El camino roll bar rear bars inside car Frame / Chassis / Suspension / Steering 13
Ribbedroof It's official, old car sellers in Oklahoma have lost their minds OFF TOPIC 0
Bar50 What did you do in your shop or to your car today during the pandemic? General Discussion 14
J Pictures of Holley Transmission Crossmember with 4l60e bolted in the car? G-Body LS Swap 3
L Just got my first project car , got some work Oldsmobile Cutlass / 442 / Hurst/Olds 15
565bbchevy Specialty car insurance for highly modified cars General Discussion 28
HAFROD Got a lead on my first car General Discussion 14
T Avoiding tire rubbing after lowering car Customs / Lowriders 2
jlcustomz Surprise at local car show OFF TOPIC 4