Buick mud guards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadenk

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 24, 2016
South Dakota
I found a pair of Buick mud guards at a flea market yesterday and paid 4.80 a piece and was wondering if they are worth anything.. They were manufactured in 1981 in the U.S. They are still boxes and am curious on the rarity of them

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    655 KB · Views: 249

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Even though they do serve a purpose I have never liked how they look, of coarse if I lived on a dirt road I might feel a little different about them.

Jadenk

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 24, 2016
South Dakota
Even though they do serve a purpose I have never liked how they look, of coarse if I lived on a dirt road I might feel a little different about them.
I'm not a huge fan either but I live in South Dakota where it snows, and I do take gravel occasionally.. I'm just wondering what resell value is but I paid 4.80 a piece on 2 and looked them up and seen them go for 15-30

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Interesting....I found a pair of new Oldsmobile ones here...took them to the fall swap meet and couldn't get $5 for the pair.

Jadenk

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 24, 2016
South Dakota
Interesting....I found a pair of new Oldsmobile ones here...took them to the fall swap meet and couldn't get $5 for the pair.
Idk I found em still in the box at a flea market for 4.80 and idk if they have more value or not that's what I'm trying to figure out

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Remember that just because someone posts a price for something on Ebay that does not mean they will ever get that price.
I would also say since mudflaps are really just a dated add-on accessory item there is really not going to be an increase in value over time unlike something factory installed plus I would be hesitant to trust the durability of 30+ year old plastic.
I think you paid a fair price if your intent was to use them.

Nov 4, 2012

I'm not too big of a fan of their looks either, but you're right about them serving a purpose. I used to have a Lincoln Town Car (one that I really regret selling) and it had OEM mudflaps when I bought it. I took them off because I didn't like the look and I went from washing the car once every 10 days to once every 2 days. I got sick of that and threw them back on. Not to mention they keep all the salt spray and slush to a minimum in the winter. I Actually just ordered some OEM ones for my new to me suburban to keep the winter salt off.

Nov 4, 2012
As for a value on them, I actually know a store that sells these exact mudflaps brand new in the package. I'm guessing they aren't a really rare collectors item, but you paid a good price for a nice piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor