Buick to Olds 455

Status
Not open for further replies.

VenomousRegal

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 19, 2005
Lincoln,Ne
Hello to the forum, quick question... Does anyone make adapter mounts for an olds 455 into a Buick G-body? I am crappy at welding and don't trust it for fabrication on a pair. any input would be helpful. Also, I am not sure if there will torque ratings on 'em, but I will need 'em HIGH!!! Thanks all...

[GP403 - moved to Engine Swaps]

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
I am not 100% sure on this, maybe someone else can correct me if I'm wrong...

Are the Olds 260/350/403 Mounts the same for the 455? I was under the impression the Olds's all used the same mounts/locations.

Not sure how they'll hold up to a 455, although the GP403 spent some time as a GP455 at one point in its history :) Unsure if the mounts are the same ones.

Welcome BTW!

king me

n00b
Oct 15, 2005
rochester, ny
Hello -just surfed in
I have done a couple (over 20) motor swaps into g-body's. I had 2 different 85 regals that I swapped in a olds 455. After many try's the easiest way is this....
bolt the motor mounts to the 455 block. remove the motor mount ears from the regal chassis. this can be done real fast with a cut off wheel to the bolts. Now mount the chassis ears to the motor mounts just like you would if they where in the car (but leave the nut/bolt loose enough to pivot.) Now drop the block into the engine bay -square/level motor, mark bolt holes for chassis ears on crossmember. (one or 2 bolts holes will line up) drill crossmemeber, rebolt chassis ears to new locatuion.
I have done this on over 20 g-body cars with different engines - easiest and cleanest way I have found.
hope this helps.

gsjimmy

n00b
Mar 6, 2006
Olds

The 307 mounts are the same as the 455 Olds.
The 3.8 Buick is the same as the 350 Buick.
The SBC & BBC mounts interchange for Chevy.

Buick 455 - use the T/A performance frame mount for the Skylark.

Pontiac 455 - should be the same as LeMans/GTO

Cadillac big blocks - your on your own. I do know it can be done!

Remember to swap out the front springs for the Cutlass/442 big block springs to regain the ride height due to weight differences. All of the bracket should interchange on the Olds swap. Saw this done in an old issue of Car Craft (sept 83 or 84) titled JUNKYARD DOG. They did a '69 Cutlass, 350 to 455. Lots of good info on the small stuff that makes this hard to do.

Hope it helps,

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor