Build sheet whereabouts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Lansing must've the cleanest plant ever. A Lansing build sheet is like finding a unicorn. Sure, every now and again one would get found, but very unlikely.

While neat to have, they don't alter the car's pedigree. Although it's easier to say, validate a real 72 442 that's not a W-30 if you have one. They built something like 9,845 non-W-30 442s in 1972, and now there's almost 20,000 of them. :unsure: W-30s had the X in the VIN, so they couldn't fake those regardless.

Reactions: 1 user

Mac442

Master Mechanic
Apr 25, 2020
Ocean County, NJ
I didn’t find my build sheet, but I did find an unopened condom (expiration date 1984) under the carpet of my 1985 442. Obviously placed there from the factory as it was right on top of the transmission tunnel by the shifter assembly.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I didn’t find my build sheet, but I did find an unopened condom (expiration date 1984) under the carpet of my 1985 442. Obviously placed there from the factory as it was right on top of the transmission tunnel by the shifter assembly.
I'd be afraid to roll too far on NOS rubber... :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Regalman08

Apprentice
Oct 19, 2015
Canada
Almost every 82-87 gbody I have found them stuck in the springs under the rear seat. That’s if someone wasn’t hurting for money and took the seat out to hunt for change haha then they usually ripped it out and tossed it

min 1981 cars I have found them in the door panels.
I have a 78 buick that I haven’t found one in yet but I recently noticed some paper sticking out from the gas tank and it looks to me like a build sheet!! I will have to pull the tank to confirm (78 century)

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
A stated, you can find them anywhere. I found my 78 Salon build sheet behind the Dr. side lower rear sail panel.

Reactions: 1 users

grandamman

G-Body Guru
Nov 7, 2005
up in the hills
Out of all of the Pontiac A/G bodies I've owned, restored and parted, I've found part of one build sheet. Mostly 78-80 Grand Am, Lemans, Grand Prix and newer Bonnevilles

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor