Build Thread-85 Cutlass Brougham-New Pics Added!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, 3 layers of polyester glazing putty later, and I am daring to hope that it is straight. I have a few spreader marks to take out with spot putty, but that should do it. If so, the car will be as close to perfect as I care to make it and it will see paint next Thursday barring bad weather or scheduling conflicts. Tomorrow it will be primered if I have time in between catching up my Calculus homework. Then it's block it Thrusday, re-prime, and block it Monday.

More progress! Primered the roof today with 5 coats of Nason Select-Prime (urethane surfacer). The roof looked pretty straight in the wet primer with only a few minor blemishes that should go away in block sanding. I also charged the battery and got it started. It is looking like next Thursday will be the day it finally sees paint. Good or bad, it will be done no matter how it turns out. Then the long road of buffing and assembly begins. Hopefully it will be usable by mid March.

Keeping my fingers crossed for ya. I wanna see this thing in paint.

YAY

78mali350 said:

Hey, its not painted yet!! 😀 You know how his car goes, it MIGHT get painted, no promises. 😀 😀

I am just excited it's all prepped up again so it CAN be painted

78mali350 said:
I am just excited it's all prepped up again so it CAN be painted

I know, I was just kidding 😛

Well, not much of an update except that I almost finished blocking the newly finished roof section. I am going Monday after school to reserve the booth. If it is available, I will be doing it this Thursday. Now my only concern is that I SHOULD put the booth rental money into fixing part of my truck's front suspension that is worrying me instead. I am back to making no money again, and I need the truck. Plus, we have a new ******** supervisor that is hell bent on car top signs for all us delivery drivers, so I won't use the Olds as a backup anymore. There is no way I will mess up several thousand dollars worth of paint and body work for a stupid pizza sign again.

My helper was not able to get the time to come with me this week, so it is being scheduled for next Thursday instead. It is better that way anyhow as my lack of sleep this week has left me worn out and exhausted. I am going tomorrow to put down the money on the booth so I can definitely have it. I did go to the junkyard today and get a new battery for it though, as the old one no longer held a charge for too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor