Build Thread-85 Cutlass Brougham-New Pics Added!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dammit!!!! GRRR!!! I want to drive this stupid Cutlass so bad right now!!! I miss having a car to drive fast in, to attack corners in on back country roads, to feel alive in. This sucks!!! Sorry for the rant, but it's how I really feel about my Cutlass.

85 Cutlass Brougham said:
Dammit!!!! GRRR!!! I want to drive this stupid Cutlass so bad right now!!! I miss having a car to drive fast in, to attack corners in on back country roads, to feel alive in. This sucks!!! Sorry for the rant, but it's how I really feel about my Cutlass.

Then git r done!! Its as simple as that 😀 😀

I'm hoping it starts getting warmer here soon... was in the 40s today and that felt fairly warm with the way the weather's been lately (except the rain made it feel colder 🙁). I still have a few things to do to my motor before I can have it cleaned & readied for spring/summer 😀

Well, I drove it around the block yesterday after putting the "new" battery in it, and it reminded me how much I miss it. However, in it's current form it is not really safe or pleasant to be in as little is bolted down (1 nut holding the drivers seat!) or installed and it rattles pretty badly.

Nice :lol: I feel the same way about my car, except I have never really driven it before. Only times I drive it are at night to the mechanics every once in a while, it's not inspected or registered :lol:

Attachments

• 2011-05-30 12.04.37[1].jpg
    2011-05-30 12.04.37[1].jpg
    288.7 KB · Views: 199
  • 2011-05-30 12.05.12[1].jpg
    2011-05-30 12.05.12[1].jpg
    301.5 KB · Views: 208
You drove it though that should help with the motivation part!

If you enjoy driving it, then you know what it is for and it needs to be used for that purpose again. I wouldn't worry so much about trying to make the body work and paint all perfect, just by reading and looking at this thread it's really at a point where that would never be again, or at least couldn't be done at a cost that would be worth investing in to a basic G body Cutlass. I for one could never own or be happy with a show car that I could not drive- that's for people like Leno who can afford that sort of thing, you know, full scale model kits.

You might have fell in to this same trap with your AMC. They are cars just like my own LeMans- will never be perfect, I don't really care if it isn't, I have it to drive and enjoy as it is. I think if you get this Cutlass painted to look good and drive it again, you'll not only enjoy it but jump yourself over a big hurdle you need to get over at this point in time.

I was all bent when my dash got a crack in it last summer- it's first one. I bought a dash mat, and sat there for 2 hours trying to iron all the kinks out of it. Then I thought to myself how ridiculous, just put the damn ghetto mat on the dash and be done with it. It's a 30 year old car, it should be lucky it didn't see the crusher 2 decades ago. 🙂

-UT-

-UT-

Well, I don't need perfection, but it's difficult not to try for it if all but one spot on the car's roof is perfect. I don't care any more though, and will be happy to paint it next week.

As for the AMC, it won't be perfect and I have lost all interest in it, so it will get the new engine I have for it installed, and be sold to fund the completion of the Cutlass and another project-probably something Japanese. I want to do autocross and or drifting next, so I have narrowed myself to a 240sx, B13 SE-R Sentra or a AE-86 Corolla as the AMC's replacement. I miss having a lightweight car, so it will probably be the AE-86, done up as sort of an Initial D clone as I think that car looks cool. (Initial D is a Japanese Anime about drifting).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor