Build thread: 87 Buick Regal Turbo T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Undercover87T

Greasemonkey
G-Body of the Month
Dec 24, 2012
Westminster, MD
More progress this weekend. Finally got the RJC exhaust fitting correctly. Love the sound and no drone :D . Also changed out my Intrepid efans for a Alradco dual spal setup with shroud, installed a PCV oil catch can from JLT, and installed Kirban frame braces.

DSC02282_zps456b4354.jpg

IMG_20130427_093526_202_zpse845da22.jpg

DSC02284_zpse582d67a.jpg

DSC02285_zps781577f4.jpg

Framebraces_zps391c1cd6.jpg

nash87

n00b
Apr 22, 2013
Undercover87T said:
First show of the season was yesterday. About 200 or so cars in attendance. It was sponsored by the local Ford club so to no surprise I didn't win anything but got a lot of positive feedback. Got a lot of "is that a GN?" or "isn't that supposed to be black?". One guy came up to me and said he used to own GNX 449.

Hi

Brand new to the forum, cruisin the thread when I see you spoke to guy who said he used to own GNX 449. Where was this car show at? I am the current owner of GNX 449. It's kind of a cool suprise to see the GNX mentioned out of the blue so to speak. Very nice T by the way!

3_zps53c6da75.jpg

2_zps756ccb87.jpg

Also received a plaque from GM High Tech Performance today that has my article on it. Very cool piece.
GMHTP2_zpsa3a00e50.jpg

Undercover87T

Greasemonkey
G-Body of the Month
Dec 24, 2012
Westminster, MD
The show was in Westminster, MD. He was an older guy, kind of hard to understand. Either he was the previous owner or knew the previous owner. Told me about the first ride he got in the car. Also remembered seeing it driving down dirt roads or driveway and getting all muddy.

nash87

n00b
Apr 22, 2013
Undercover87T said:
The show was in Westminster, MD. He was an older guy, kind of hard to understand. Either he was the previous owner or knew the previous owner. Told me about the first ride he got in the car. Also remembered seeing it driving down dirt roads or driveway and getting all muddy.

Hum... I guess anything possible, I am the forth owner. I've had it for about ten years now and since I 've had it, it hasn't been down any dirt roads or gotten muddy. Must have been in one of it's previous lives. :) I bought the car from a GM exec in Michigan, so I'm guessing he didn't have it down any dirt roads either, but who knows.

YGspider

G-Body Guru
May 13, 2012
Ontario Canada Eh
nash87 said:
Undercover87T said:

Hum... I guess anything possible, I am the forth owner. I've had it for about ten years now and since I 've had it, it hasn't been down any dirt roads or gotten muddy. Must have been in one of it's previous lives. :) I bought the car from a GM exec in Michigan, so I'm guessing he didn't have it down any dirt roads either, but who knows.

The problem I see with the old guys story is you repainted the car. So he might think hes looking at a diffrent T?

LIVE4RDO

Apprentice
Jul 14, 2010
Staten Island, New York
Subscribed

Undercover87T

Greasemonkey
G-Body of the Month
Dec 24, 2012
Westminster, MD
YGspider said:
nash87 said:
Undercover87T said:

The problem I see with the old guys story is you repainted the car. So he might think hes looking at a diffrent T?
No the old guy was referring to the GNX I was talking about, not my car.

theda

n00b
May 1, 2013
Baltimore MD (Dumdalk)
I also live in MD, well Baltimore to be more specific. I love the look of your car and great job on all the work you have done. I have a 84 T-Type i just bought for a restoration project for me and my son. I'll have to share some pics when i get a chance. But just thought i'd let you know you did a great job on that project....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor