Build thread: 87 Buick Regal Turbo T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Undercover87T

Greasemonkey
Dec 24, 2012
Westminster, MD
Bweavy said:
Manual windows , Manual locks with CS2 I love it.
I recognized some of my parts on there.
Thanks Brian. It is a bit of an oddity but I like it too, less weight and less to break. There are more than a few of your parts on this car :wink: .

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
Nice ride!! i'm on the look out for a GN or a T Type... 8) That's one G body i would love to build! Good job in the rebuild and restore.

Undercover87T

Greasemonkey
Dec 24, 2012
Westminster, MD
Had the car out about two weeks ago. Made a short video of me starting it cold and a quick walk around to give you guys an idea of what it looks and sounds like. Hope you like :D . I will be changing the exhaust in the spring to the new RJC 3in cross flow system. The ATR pit bull system is not great for long drives.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gN9AldG3vRc

YGspider

G-Body Guru
May 13, 2012
Ontario Canada Eh
You make me want a turbo buick sooooooooo bad man :evil:

Undercover87T

Greasemonkey
Dec 24, 2012
Westminster, MD
YGspider said:
You make me want a turbo buick sooooooooo bad man :evil:
Haha thanks :D . That's what I said when I had my first ride in a GN. Be patient man, the right one will come along. Now is the time to buy, but unfortunately that means we all loose are asses when it comes time to sell.

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
Outstanding job the whole car looks great. What turbo did you go with and have you had a chance to run her at test n tune yet?

Undercover87T

Greasemonkey
Dec 24, 2012
Westminster, MD
dogshit said:
Outstanding job the whole car looks great. What turbo did you go with and have you had a chance to run her at test n tune yet?
Thanks man. I'm running a new billet wheel Precision 6262E journal bearing. WIth my 3200 converter it spools just like a stock turbo. It blows off the street tires from a 40mph roll. I was plagued by trans issues last year so I didn't get a chance to run it. I'm going to pick up some MT ET streets 255/60/15 for my T wheels this spring so it will be ready for the track. The motor went 10.80@124 on 20psi and alky in an 86 WH1 with slicks and a spool. I currently don't have alky so I'm hoping for high 11's on just pump gas and 18-19psi. With alky and more boost it's got the hardware for high 10's.

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
Breaking them lose hard from at least some speed FREAKS people out. 8)

Undercover87T

Greasemonkey
Dec 24, 2012
Westminster, MD
dogshit said:
Breaking them lose hard from at least some speed FREAKS people out. 8)
Oh yes. The other thing is the external waste gate under the car is vented to atmosphere. When it opens it will scare the hell out of the person next to you. Very fun in tunnels :D .

RUDE DOG

Apprentice
Oct 1, 2012
I like the color, I bet it looks really nice in the direct sunlight, and probably gets up quick with that 4.1 block.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor