build thread for my manual cutlass ...(lots of pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gutlass

Apprentice
Nov 16, 2009
Mathematic said:
Those seats look good. Just the whole burgundy is throwin it off but I def see the vision. My interior is the same color and I want to switch to black everything but I'm still debating to stay with the burgundy. I'm in the process of searchin for seats now. I'm definetly subscribing to this build...so keep us updated and the pics comin...

Got any tips on how to do the headliner?
What are rug prices going for?
The headliner was done by my upholstery for $50 he did it in about 15 min lol, but i did the seat on an atv i had and that was a pain in the *ss.
As for the rug, last i checked they were about $130 any color, but i forgot the site.

Gutlass

Apprentice
Nov 16, 2009
1985cutlasssupreme said:
those seats are sick dude. was it hard to put them in there as well as the back seats?
lol took me most of xmas day to put em in, but that was cause I had to pull out the old interior and rug for a lil cutting as for the back seats they fit well the lexus seats have some long mounting tabs I just bent them and used the seat belt mounting bolts to hold them in place..now I just need to figure out how to make use the center because the lexus has one of those centers where you can access the trunk, so I would like to put that to use.

22Clean

Apprentice
Mar 22, 2011
Detroit, MI
After seeing how you fixed that roof i shouldnt be worried about this lil hole here than huh??

Attachments

• SSPX0017.jpg
    SSPX0017.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 732

Gutlass

Apprentice
Nov 16, 2009
22Clean said:
After seeing how you fixed that roof i shouldnt be worried about this lil hole here than huh??
LMAO! I'd be more worried about the floor of that car :shock:

Dragonist

Master Mechanic
Dec 3, 2010
Dallas, Tx
disregarg post look at page 3 and figured out these are out of a is300

Gutlass

Apprentice
Nov 16, 2009
Dragonist said:
Gutlass are the rear seats also GTO's? Because they look awesome
no both front and back seats are off a 1st gen Lexus is300

Gutlass

Apprentice
Nov 16, 2009
So After much research, math, thinking, and more research...I have made up my mind! I'm going to swap the motor again! This time I'm doing a LSX swap, I talked to my boss today about a Suburban we got in the other day, talked him down to $400 for the FULL motor from the starter to the harness and everthing in between! He also said I can take the transmission for an extra $300, I was thinking about getting it and selling it to get back some of the money from the motor since I now gotta look for a T56.. Which turns out it's a lot harder to find a LSX T56 than a LT1 T56 around here. I guess my income money is going to another swap instead of a paint job.. :roll:
I've had the car for about 3 years and it's had a different motor in it every year... lol

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor