build thread for my manual cutlass ...(lots of pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

1985cutlasssupreme

Master Mechanic
Aug 9, 2011
Bay Area , Ca
Gutlass said:
For the price you can't go wrong with that pedle. I got mine from john himself, I'll try to find his email and give it to you but he sells his for $200 shipped.

As for the cutlass here are a couple updates.
I got the blazer spindles got a deal for this $129 for both and I got lucky cause they have BRAND NEW pads.
ab2.jpg

ab1.jpg

ab3.jpg

I also got the a-arms i ended up getting Spohn uppers and lowers for a deal on craigslist got them brand new for $460
i may be getting uppers and sell these uppers i really want to get adjustable uppers from marcus over at sc&c
arm.jpg

arm2.jpg

also got a 69 camaro front spoiler. I was told it was bolt on but I had to drill a couple new holes to make it fit. Another thing you can see in the pictures are my new wheels, got tired of the 19's ( too big and gave the car a lifted look) and got myself some c5 vette wheels i like these cause i can drop the car since they are 17x8.5 in the front and 18x9.5 in the car also think the car looks great with them. also got the amber bumper light off a 442.
aaaa.jpg

spoiler2.jpg

IMG00137-20110816-1216.jpg
are you running spacers for those rims?

Gutlass

Apprentice
Nov 16, 2009
1985cutlasssupreme said:
are you running spacers for those rims?
Yup 1.5" in the front and 3" in the back
Mathematic said:
What mods will you have to do to get the seats in?
I used the stock outside front bolts and had to notch a small part of the hump over the transmission tunnel but i welded a plate to reinforce it

snowmangaggift

Greasemonkey
Jun 18, 2011
Vancouver, BC Canada
1985cutlasssupreme said:
Gutlass said:
Out with the old..
SEATS-1.jpg

SEAT1.jpg

In with the new!
SEAT2.jpg

SEAT3.jpg

Installed my new(to me) seats came out an is300 we got at my job its black leather and suede, got both front and back. Only managed those crappy cell phone pics because I forgot my camera at home but I'll snap some today and post them up later
Also did a lil photoshoot yesterday with my brother's Hellaflush civic after we did a Si front disk swap on it.
P1020593.jpg

P1020591.jpg

P1020589.jpg

P1020587.jpg

P1020585.jpg

P1020584.jpg

P1020594.jpg

I also got a new daily so I can finally finish the cutlass
P1020537.jpg

P1020540.jpg

Its a 2000 Tahoe Limited, I dont know if you guys know how rare these are but they only made ONE per chevy dealer!
im diging your bros rims i like those xxr 527's
hey with those seat, can you pretty much grab seats out of any car and do a bit of fab work and fit them in?

Gutlass

Apprentice
Nov 16, 2009
1985cutlasssupreme said:
where did you get a 3" spacer?
i want to see a pic of the seats installed. i bet its going to look really nice.
They look a lot better than i thought and they feel amazing! Hopefully I wont forget forget my cam today tomorrow lol
As for the spacer I got them as part of the trade for the wheels, the guy that had them had the vette wheels on a GP.
snowmangaggift said:
hey with those seat, can you pretty much grab seats out of any car and do a bit of fab work and fit them in?
yea pretty much, just gotta fab up some mounts and your golden!

Gutlass

Apprentice
Nov 16, 2009
1985cutlasssupreme said:
nice im also thinking about putting corvette rims on my cutlass and some GTO seats.
The GTO seats look good in our cars I've seen a Monte on ProTouring.com with the blue GTO seats and it looks SICK!
I also really like the vette wheel on G-Bodies,I would love to put the new Z06 wheels but they are wayyy to wide(unless you notch the frame,which I hope to do soon).

Also, here are the pics of the seats installed!
Don't pay attention to the dirty rug,I'm in the search for a black one now. I already did the headliner black as well I to snap a pic later.
P1020604.jpg

P1020605.jpg

P1020606.jpg

P1020607.jpg

P1020608.jpg

As for my brothers Honda, don't think it's all show and no go! here's what I'm helping him build for it now, with plenty of goodies going in. ;)
P1020602.jpg

P1020601.jpg

For those of you that don't know what that is, it's an Integra Type-R B18 fresh out the machine shop, hopefully we'll be done by March..

Mathematic

Greasemonkey
Aug 19, 2009
Those seats look good. Just the whole burgundy is throwin it off but I def see the vision. My interior is the same color and I want to switch to black everything but I'm still debating to stay with the burgundy. I'm in the process of searchin for seats now. I'm definetly subscribing to this build...so keep us updated and the pics comin...

Got any tips on how to do the headliner?
What are rug prices going for?

1985cutlasssupreme

Master Mechanic
Aug 9, 2011
Bay Area , Ca
Gutlass said:
1985cutlasssupreme said:
nice im also thinking about putting corvette rims on my cutlass and some GTO seats.
The GTO seats look good in our cars I've seen a Monte on ProTouring.com with the blue GTO seats and it looks SICK!
I also really like the vette wheel on G-Bodies,I would love to put the new Z06 wheels but they are wayyy to wide(unless you notch the frame,which I hope to do soon).

Also, here are the pics of the seats installed!
Don't pay attention to the dirty rug,I'm in the search for a black one now. I already did the headliner black as well I to snap a pic later.
P1020604.jpg

P1020605.jpg

P1020606.jpg

P1020607.jpg

P1020608.jpg

As for my brothers Honda, don't think it's all show and no go! here's what I'm helping him build for it now, with plenty of goodies going in. ;)
P1020602.jpg

P1020601.jpg

For those of you that don't know what that is, it's an Integra Type-R B18 fresh out the machine shop, hopefully we'll be done by March..
those seats are sick dude. was it hard to put them in there as well as the back seats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor