Bummed out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

STLRegal

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2007
St.Louis
I put a CP 333 HP turn key in my regal. I'm pretty happy with it. Though, I would have liked a little more cam but as a reliable street engine it fits the roll. And I still need gears to get the most out of it.

Not to high jack the thread but my 350 came with vortec heads. Is EGR required for it to run right? Or is that just an emissions thing?

Reactions: 1 user

kalidromos13

Master Mechanic
Oct 12, 2016
Palmdale, CA
Thanks for the advice Jared, I will try that as soon as I can! It's worth a shot for sure! I'm still looking at other options, but the price for the 190HP is very attractive to me.
There's so many options!! So many choices haha I just want something reliable to be honest. And not too bad on gas haha gas is up to $3.35/gal here in LA county! Again! Haha

kalidromos13

Master Mechanic
Oct 12, 2016
Palmdale, CA
EGR is for emissions. To get the NOx numbers down, the EGR valve recirculates exhaust gases into the intake. The EGR valve is simply a vacuum controlled valve that opens and closes a passage way from the exhaust passage to the intake. It cools the temperature of the exhaust gases to a degree. But I'm no expert I think it works something like that. I don't think it effects performance, some people might have a different opinion though

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Emissions on oxides of nitrogen and a bit of mileage on the EGR. Remember the inert exhaust gases take up space and lower the temperature in the combustion chamber which prevents detonation from the advanced timing used to enhance performance and economy

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor