Burnin....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vern

Master Mechanic
Jul 23, 2007
Dayton, OH
Keep the hard skinney old Goodyears on it because some nice big fat soft drag radials will put an end to the 7.5 in short order. Cool vid two thumbs up!

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
nice burnout man, that thing sounds pretty decent with open headers. Nice clean engine bay too, very sharp

coolchrisp

Apprentice
Nov 26, 2007
Grosse Ile, MI / Lima, OH
Okay who had the bets on when it was going to go?!?! i bet no one thought it would be with these tires on it!!!

I was on some shiity asphault, so i nailed it in my rage i was in (i will inform u of in the next paragraph) and it hooked up and i twisted my axle and it waled out on me. No damage to the car though... except by some A$$ holes...

The reason for me hitting the gas in rage is becasue some one took a screw driver or something to my door and roof... why... i have no idea...

The pictures say it all... but to get teh car back .. i was only like 500 feet from my place when it broke, i jsut shoved it back in and drove it( one advantage of welded spider gears! the other side still worked!!)

IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

coolchrisp

Apprentice
Nov 26, 2007
STLRegal said:
**** dude, thats not just a scratch thats a dent too. :evil:

yeah... they are some pretty bad gouges... u can see teh paint was on it way out anyway, so i planed to have it repainted at some point, but that is just a little more work i will have to do...

Nightmare388

Master Mechanic
Sep 30, 2007
North West IL
Those people should be shot and then shot again. Sorry man wish we could do something for you.That makes me sick to my stomach. I can't believe people are that cruel. Sorry about the rear. I guess it is time for that Ford 9". Good luck.

jerrycad472

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2006
Detroit, MI
Chris, that sucks. Where was it parked when it happened?

There have been several G-body Posi's on Craigs list in the last week or so. There is a guy in Trenton parting out a Regal that has a 8.5 from a GN in it. I think he wanted $800 for it.

If nothing else its a testament about the motor you built, It can twist Axles!

coolchrisp

Apprentice
Nov 26, 2007
jerrycad472 said:
Chris, that sucks. Where was it parked when it happened?

There have been several G-body Posi's on Craigs list in the last week or so. There is a guy in Trenton parting out a Regal that has a 8.5 from a GN in it. I think he wanted $800 for it.

If nothing else its a testament about the motor you built, It can twist Axles!

Haha it sure can twist them! I would love to jump on that 8.5, but im stuck with little cash right now. i plan on getting a replacement axle so its drivable again, but i will be saving up for a nine inch.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
i can't write my real response, too much cursing

find 'em, cut their nuts off and then feed 'em to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor