burnout oops

Status
Not open for further replies.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
turbo78 said:
in all my infinite wisdom, i blurt out "well, it only took about 3 months to do all the body work to turn the wagon into a tudor" quote]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
I have heard of Flexfans coming appart and flying through fenders/hoods.

Speaking of exploding engine compartments have you ever seen a Diesel engine "run-a-way"? I had one happen at my old shop and it was ugly. 6.9L Ford Diesel reved out for over a minute, then blew the whole hood off. The thing was like a bomb. Very impressive!

turbo78

Greasemonkey
Nov 1, 2009
billings, montana
ive been at shops when the damper comes apart and skids through the wall, not good, and not something you want to stand in front of either

jcbannis

Apprentice
Dec 26, 2010
Sunman Ind.
heres my story i had just got my monte and put a new elderbrock intake and a holley carb on the stock 305 that i had only had for about a month and went to test drive it so i go to a back road about 1/2 mile from my house and it isw running good so i do a good burnout in it then it starts sounding funny and lost oil pressure and knocking so it set in the driveway for about a week and i tare it apart and low and behold i broke 3 skirts off of 3 pistons so then i had 2 change the engine
then about 3 monthes later i was going 2 work and it lost all power so i try to make it back to the house and i got about 2 blocks from home and it threw a rod and it came up and broke my cam in half

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
Chevyman85 said:
I have heard of Flex Fans coming apart and flying through fenders/hoods.

Speaking of exploding engine compartments have you ever seen a Diesel engine "run-a-way"? I had one happen at my old shop and it was ugly. 6.9L Ford Diesel roved out for over a minute, then blew the whole hood off. The thing was like a bomb. Very impressive!
We had a Caddy diesel do that,one of the guys grabbed a big wad of shop rags and shoved them in the air horn .That thing inhaled those rags,hardly skipped a beat and shot flaming cotton about fifty feet out the back. :rofl: It kept running until the rods exited the block

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
Chevyman85 said:
I have heard of Flexfans coming appart and flying through fenders/hoods.

Speaking of exploding engine compartments have you ever seen a Diesel engine "run-a-way"? I had one happen at my old shop and it was ugly. 6.9L Ford Diesel reved out for over a minute, then blew the whole hood off. The thing was like a bomb. Very impressive!

Saw that happen on a diesel engine on a stand at my old school. The teacher ended up putting a clip board on the turbo inlet to shut the engine down. Somehow it didn't blow.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
As for my own ignorance, once upon a time I had an '87 Aerocoupe, 350/TH350 & crappy shifter installed. So anyway, I'm driving on the highway and see this mid 90's Mustang coming up behind me. Since I didn't have a working kickdown cable, I tried to downshift and mysteriously threw it in neutral somehow, revved to about 6.5k and sent half of the waterpump shaft and fan into the radiator. To make it worse it was a V6 mustang and the driver had no intention of racing. :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor