Not open for further replies.

85t5mcss

Master Mechanic
Apr 24, 2006
Indy, IN
100_0943_custom.jpg

100_0942_custom.jpg

stockrotor3_custom.jpg

Finally got them on, but haven't torqued it all, yet. Just a couple of minor issues. Wheel weights rub the calipers, factory steering stops on the LCA need ground down a little and the SC&C Adj UCA hit the rear mounting pads a little. All minor but will get it finished soon and post some more pics. BTW, the spindles r the ATS C5 Spindles.

85t5mcss

Master Mechanic
Apr 24, 2006
Indy, IN
85-88 "big bore" MonteSS factory Master Cylinder. Others have used it with good luck, but I don't think I'm getting all the pressure I need or want. I may have to rethink the MC. Brakes r much better, but I think I can get stronger without severe lock-up.

Bill Howell

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 21, 2005
Pigeon Forge, Tn
I used a C-5 brake m/c. Pricy, but works as it should. C-5 brakes on a g-body are so much better than stock, car actually stops now and not much fad after hard use, as in autocrossing.

85t5mcss

Master Mechanic
Apr 24, 2006
Indy, IN
After stepping back and rethinking my probs, I concluded I'm losing pressure from the MC. Put a "new" unit, no reman on and Wow, what a difference. Brakes don't lock easy, new tires, but when I hit the brakes now, it stops NOW. I love it. How did I ever use the stock brakes so long before, I don't know. I'll never go back to stock brakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor