Status
Not open for further replies.

HurstOlds

Master Mechanic
Sep 21, 2007
Illinois
sickolds said:
OK this is going to far. Im now removing my self from these forum

Please do! You're ignorant. Good luck with that.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
HurstOlds said:
sickolds said:
OK this is going to far. Im now removing my self from these forum

Please do! You're ignorant. Good luck with that.

Now, come on. I have half a mind to pull mod status for stuff like this. :roll: Not only is it disrespectful, but its against policy around here, and (both) coming from a moderator that's just not cool.

If this is over and done I'll just lock this thread. Like I said repeatedly in a couple of other threads where this same situation has cropped up, I don't go banning people in cases like this because then it eliminates this site as channel of communications. It has resolved disputes in the past. Yes, I did read the chat log, and I've also said (and its stated in F/S) that I won't get involved in disputes between buyer/seller.

I've banned people who then later tried to continue scamming people, or tried to come back under a different user id and pull the same stuff and think they could fool myself and everyone else. That's different from whats going on here (I think.)

If he's truly not returning, then banning won't accomplish anything anyway.

Leaving open for now. Moving to Feedback also.

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
Sorry but stuff like this truly sickens me and being a victim myself I do what ever it takes to help others and prevent from stuff like this happening again, it can get out of hand if you don't nip it in the bud.
The problem has been solved, my suggestion is to ban the guy from selling on here but it's your site, do what you like, I just don't see any reason coddling deadbeats... I guess my morals and holding people responsible for their actions is a thing of the past now-a-days.
I like to see sites like this be a safe online trading community, whether you like it or not that is what they become and it helps the hobby survive and allows us to put together our cars, otherwise the site will just be a wiki site... IMO
I'm not gonna change my morals or views, if you feel that they do not fit your sites policies then I'm fine with your decisions.
I'll just focus on my extensive knowledge and resources of Cutlass/442/Hurst's and not deal with this anymore... perhaps take it somewhere else. If no one is gonna be a voice of reason on this site then screw it, there's really no need for me to be a moderator... it's your decision.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
88hurstolds said:
Sorry but stuff like this truly sickens me and being a victim myself I do what ever it takes to help others and prevent from stuff like this happening again, it can get out of hand if you don't nip it in the bud.

I don't like it any more than you do, but I can't get involved in a transaction between two private parties. My job is to facilitate it, not handle it.

88hurstolds said:
The problem has been solved,

I need to hear this from Limey, when he receives his stuff. If he doesn't, then I will likely do what you suggest here...

88hurstolds said:
my suggestion is to ban the guy from selling on here but it's your site, do what you like, I just don't see any reason coddling deadbeats... I guess my morals and holding people responsible for their actions is a thing of the past now-a-days.

No, thats not it. Nobody is "coddling deadbeats." I'm not going to go passing judgement in matters I have no idea what the details are. It then comes down to me listening to a "he said she said" type of deal and I have no way of knowing which side is actually right. I may have an opinion or a gut feeling, but I have to give both parties a chance to resolve it.

88hurstolds said:
I like to see sites like this be a safe online trading community, whether you like it or not that is what they become and it helps the hobby survive and allows us to put together our cars, otherwise the site will just be a wiki site... IMO
I'm not gonna change my morals or views, if you feel that they do not fit your sites policies then I'm fine with your decisions.

I agree with that 100%. I also don't like to see sites where the mods and admins rule with an iron fist and ban people for life because of any old thing. Scamming people *is* a reason to ban someone, and I will do that, but in this case, it looked like it might be resolved somewhat peacefully. Unrelated: It's also why I chose to leave off-topic the way it is, because I'd like this to be a community, vs. just a knowledge dump.

88hurstolds said:
I'll just focus on my extensive knowledge and resources of Cutlass/442/Hurst's and not deal with this anymore... perhaps take it somewhere else. If no one is gonna be a voice of reason on this site then screw it, there's really no need for me to be a moderator... it's your decision.

No need to go jumping to conclusions. Just remain objective and be an example.

Bottom line: Someone actually involved needs to tell me if this is getting resolved or not before I will take any action.

74hotrodmalibu

Apprentice
Mar 28, 2008
I will keep you informed GP403 he did supply a tracking number for what he says is in Box, but also he had a picture of a motor for sale with the same exact manifold he was supposed to send me under the stand, Glad I saved it when I seen it for his stuff was pulled.

If he does send it and I do receive the correct manifold, I would still suggest a Bad Feedback rating for I did have to Involve several diff agency's (police, postmaster general ... etc etc ) to get it done, sad to see it come to blows like this.

It is what it is, just use your own Judgement when dealing with people please. for the most part I have not had any other bad dealings here and love the site!

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
Limey said:
you know I gave him the benefit of doubt even went so far to request the bad feedback with his name Pulled then he is gonna come into the Chat room and taunt me sayin hey I have a 355 for sale Limey wanna buy it ....it wil get there in one day and then telling everyone I got free parts and Laughing about it ......

(22:53:12) sickolds: Hey limey wannt to buy a 355
(22:54:04) Limey: from CaliNOT so much
(22:55:15) sickolds: you get it in one day
(22:56:53) beermonkey9417: ask koruption
(22:57:01) beermonkey9417: hes in need of a v8
(22:58:37) beermonkey9417: and hes near cali
(22:58:54) sickolds: What does that mean limey
(22:59:49) Limey: I think you just need to figure out it buddy .............

I am currently saving the rest of discussion for GP403 to decide what to do with this guy

I was actually looking at that motor... same intake as you were sold?

and as far as people commenting, I only posted another comment (which I thought was pretty rational) because after all that (Olds) you came back on here and posted another comment stating that now people are quiet and such. i just really wish after all the lack of posting when all this started, you woulda came back and simply apologized. you were wrong bruh... i had hope for the apology so i looked at you motor, I love getting stuff like that... and working with it and figured, hell maybe it will help you get even further out your bind.... but damn...

Hope it all works out for you Limey, as stated before... I almost wanna pull my intake off and ship it to ya, this is y i do stuff like this viewtopic.php?t=31457&p=259105#p259105

sickolds

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2010
Ok every one limey got his sh*t now we can all relax now hey limey after your done washing the dishes tell every one you got your sh*t

74hotrodmalibu

Apprentice
Mar 28, 2008
OK I receieved the manifold but not sure if it can be used, ( Sickolds put braided lines on the inside of the shrink wrap to rattle around scatch, gouge although small not the point) looks it sat out side for there is rust on the top of it...could be Just a bad paint job.

ALL SAID AND DONE THE PRODUCT IS RECEIVED AND NOW GP403 DO WHAT YOU FEEL IS RIGHT IN THE MATTER !!!

PERSONALLY I WILL STRONGLY ADVISE AGAINST ANYONE DOING BUSINESS WITH SICKOLDS.................... And this time I wont be tricked into taking the bad feedback away it sticking here

LOCK IT UP BOSS.

74hotrodmalibu

Apprentice
Mar 28, 2008
sickolds said:
Ok every one limey got his sh*t now we can all relax now hey limey after your done washing the dishes tell every one you got your sh*t

and why the hell would I being doing dishes?

sickolds

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2010
Limey said:
OK I receieved the manifold but not sure if it can be used, ( Sickolds put braided lines on the inside of the shrink wrap to rattle around scatch, gouge although small not the point) looks it sat out side for there is rust on the top of it...could be Just a bad paint job. (women there never happy)

ALL SAID AND DONE THE PRODUCT IS RECEIVED AND NOW GP403 DO WHAT YOU FEEL IS RIGHT IN THE MATTER !!!

PERSONALLY I WILL STRONGLY ADVISE AGAINST ANYONE DOING BUSINESS WITH SICKOLDS.................... And this time I wont be tricked into taking the bad feedback away it sticking here

LOCK IT UP BOSS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor