camel hump heads

Status
Not open for further replies.

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
If you got a set of "hump" heads for $5.00 you got a hell of a deal (as long as they are not cracked) those things sell for $250 bare casting, need rebuild around here 8)

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI

jking78

Master Mechanic
May 24, 2011
RITTER said:
If you got a set of "hump" heads for $5.00 you got a hell of a deal (as long as they are not cracked) those things sell for $250 bare casting, need rebuild around here 8)
no i didnt get them that ******* changed up on me. posting said for sale $5 emailed him he said it didnt say that. so i offer $50 he said sold on the day i wanted to pick them up

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
I have a set of the "041 WEDGE" heads, date coded for like a 68/69 Camaro. They were original 1.94"/1.50" valve heads and I had them machined out for 2.02"/1.60" valves and some port work done to them as well. He also removed the push in rocker studs and drilled and tapped them for screw-in rocker studs. He installed all brand new bronze guides and the hardened exhaust seat along with new springs, valves, retainers and so on. He said they would flow equivalent to a DART PRO 180 series head, so that should be decent.
I originally paid $100 for the heads from a local circle track racer. They had been machined down enough for my intake to have to be machined though :|

Just make sure that if you buy late 60's - early 70's cast heads, be sure the seller GUARANTEES that they are not cracked :!:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor