Camry Accord or Legacy

Status
Not open for further replies.

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
Don't sleep on the cr-v's either they are awd and have full size spare + are more safe and get 24 mpg or better

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
Thank you for all your input. Like one of the previous posters said I will need to get her some seat time.
I called my insurance broker this morning to run the numbers for each of the cars mentioned.
Full coverage= Fire, Theft, Collision, $2mil liabilty, Comprehensive, rental car, ect....

$ 1450.00 / yr is what we pay for the 2003 Impala ( carrying $2 mil liability only, no other coverage )
$ 1775.00 / yr for the Camry ( Full Coverage )
$ 1900.00 / yr for the Subaru ( Full Coverage )
$ 2350.00 / yr for the Accord ( Full Coverage )

She said that according to her list the Camry is cheapest with the least amount of claims ( collision #1 ) and it has better number for Safety hence it's the cheapest. The Accord is most expensive because they are on the Top 20 Stolen List and they show up with more claims ( she said according to her list its typically auto theft & collision claims ). The Subie came in the middle of the pack with Collision being the #1 claim

On a side note I asked how much to put my 17 year old on the policy if she passes her drivers test...... $ 1700 / yr as an occasional driver. OUCH !

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Toronto is brutal for insurance premiums. My son used my address for his car and insurance when he moved out and to Toronto and it saved him around $200 a month.

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
axisg said:
Peter and Timo she has been in a Wbody for the last 7.5 years ( it will actually be 8 years come this April since we got the Impala ). She loves the Imp but wants something different. In lieu of a raise she will be getting a small car allowance at her crappy job so I may as well get her in some new wheels and Re-lease her something newer with a low buyout over 48 months so I can write it off thru my business :twisted:

i thought grand prix's were w bodies, and bonnevilles were H bodies?

thedoctorisin

Greasemonkey
Nov 25, 2009
East Bay Area, S.F. Ca.
I work at a Honda dealership and I would suggest getting an awd crv or an accord or the accord awd crosstour. Super easy to work on... If you ever needed to that is. Changing oil is a breeze, the most you would have to do is routine services to keep it running for ever. I see older crvs roll in with 400k miles on the clock all the time. They haven't changed much mechanically over the years but if its not broke don't fix it right? My2 cents.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I'd go with the Subaru, with the winters there is nothing better than an AWD. I'm surprised the insurance company don't take that that into consideration that it's a safer car to drive especially in the winter when the number of accidents go up.

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
Camry also won awards for most stolen car in history. Look up the Awd system in the cr-v and you will be impressed w/ its reliability. For 2 mpg less you get 2-3x cargo space,awd & could tow a small boat/ jet-ski @ the same time! The awd springs up to 30 in just a few seconds, but takes about 2 more seconds than a camry would to hit 60. PS, check out some of the turbo crv's on youtube. Let's see a camry try to look cool w a turbo :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor