Can anyone identify this panel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiko

Master Mechanic
Apr 14, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
81GrandPrix383,

It's not hard at all but you've got to be patient and take it slow. Here's a picture of my '83 with the part removed:

normal_Body_Disassembly_192.jpg

1. Remove the chrome around your vinyl roof (or at least the chrome at the base of the rear window);
2. Unclip and remove the trim piece covered with vinyl from the base of the rear window;
3. Remove the nuts from the studs and the part comes out.

Hope this helps,
Andry

81GrandPrix383

Greasemonkey
Dec 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
kiko said:
81GrandPrix383,

It's not hard at all but you've got to be patient and take it slow. Here's a picture of my '83 with the part removed:

normal_Body_Disassembly_192.jpg

1. Remove the chrome around your vinyl roof (or at least the chrome at the base of the rear window);
2. Unclip and remove the trim piece covered with vinyl from the base of the rear window;
3. Remove the nuts from the studs and the part comes out.

Hope this helps,
Andry

Thanks Very Much, doesn't sound too tough.
I need to go have a look at the car again but I don't think there is any chrome at the base of my rear window.
To unclip the trim piece, any tricks or tools needed? Does it come right off as well?

To the OP, sorry about hijacking your thread.

RockSS

Master Mechanic
Oct 24, 2010
Enfield Ct
Outlaw said:
60 5/8" long and 4 7/8" wide, at widest points.....no pins so it be a HT car. Just be nice to know in case anyones looking for this cause it's in real nice shape.
Mine is 60 1/2 approx the exposed part with it intalled 87 monte just to lket you know

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor