Can I cut this??

Status
Not open for further replies.

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
Im tryin to clean up under the dash, tryin to remove whatever i dont need, i have all after market gauges, and no A/C i was attached behind the dash near the brake release, i have a 78 malibu... Let me know what this is and if i need it thanks guys🙂

48F4D722-D29A-4E7D-91DC-9DC65AE582CF-2793-000002757A613E3E.jpg

4FC472DC-2214-40D5-BD4B-2D80FC990E40-2793-000002758081DA35.jpg

0BBB8BA9-D0DD-4A02-BA66-2169DB36571A-2793-00000275920FF3B4.jpg

Ok so sFe to say i can cut those wires and be good? Only thing is i wont here a door buzzing sound n e more, which is fine

pontiac gp said:
I never suggest to cut wires, remove them from their source if you don't want them.
One is the chime module the other dims the dome light after you turn the key and close the door. If you don't want either to work anymore just unplug the modules, Don't just cut wires.
( maybe you should have built a Model T Ford If you didn't want AC , Wipers, Cruse Control, Dome lights ,Chimes, Interior lights. Or anything else on the car to work. :wink: )
Sorry I just don't understand why people want to rip everything out of these cars. It's pretty cool to see a 30 plus year old car and see everything still working.
You Have a cool Interior and a great paint job, It would just be even more awesome if everything worked.

tc1959 said:
pontiac gp said:
I never suggest to cut wires, remove them from their source if you don't want them.
One is the chime module the other dims the dome light after you turn the key and close the door. If you don't want either to work anymore just unplug the modules, Don't just cut wires.
( maybe you should have built a Model T Ford If you didn't want AC , Wipers, Cruse Control, Dome lights ,Chimes, Interior lights. Or anything else on the car to work. :wink: )
Sorry I just don't understand why people want to rip everything out of these cars. It's pretty cool to see a 30 plus year old car and see everything still working.
You Have a cool Interior and a great paint job, It would just be even more awesome if everything worked.

Model T :rofl:

I hear u out tho, thats true, i was just wondering what it was... now that i know i will just tuck it in some where behind the dash or just plug it back in... Everything else i know about, this piece just threw me off...

Thanks guys

tc1959 said:
pontiac gp said:

Well said!! Lately a few G body's have come up sale on Craiglist lately that couldn't pass smog... Due to them pulling everything out and trashing it. :? Most are gettng parted out and sold without title's! I picked up my GP with the a/c system trashed.. along with the CCC system as well!! I had a hell of time getting it to pass smog. I got it to pass after i sourced a bunch of parts and wiring terminals.. Now i'm on mission to get my LS swap done right... :| Thank Cali!.... Colorado seem's way to eager to adopt your F#$%ed up emission policies.. :wtf:

To clean it up, get the plastic cover that mounts from the under side of the dash to the firewall. Cleans it up nicely. They come standard on Monte cl (not ss), regal and the olds variant.

I can send a pic of one later if you like.

Mark

mrlee said:
To clean it up, get the plastic cover that mounts from the under side of the dash to the firewall. Cleans it up nicely. They come standard on Monte cl (not ss), regal and the olds variant.

I can send a pic of one later if you like.

Mark

Ahhhhhh yes i have one of those in storage somewhere, but i know what ur talking about, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor