Can I get an AMEN!!! ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjk374

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 8, 2017
Louisiana
I cranked my GP this afternoon, as I have been trying to do everyday since I got it running last week. I went into the house for a drink of water. While I was inside, I listened to the sound of it idling outside. It is amazing the difference in the sound of older cars vs newer ones. I drove a 2011 Challenger for 6 years until May when it became my son's high school graduation gift. My wife has a 2016 Rogue, and I have a '98 Ranger & a 2000 Saturn LS1 to round out my fleet. I have been listening to these vehicles for so long, that I forgot what an older car sounded like. It really was ear & mind opening.

Has anyone else experienced this for themselves?

Reactions: 2 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Jeff L

G-Body Guru
Nov 20, 2016
Southern AZ
I know exactly what you mean. I borrowed my Niece’s Chevy SUV with all the bells and whistles and it drove nice but it was quiet. Windows up, air on, it was a quiet cabin.

Get in my SS and it is never quiet. Hard to compare a 33 year old car with a 2 year old, but some of the differences for a car guy or gal is interesting. Being able to hear a lot of things when driving the SS can stop issues before they get bad. Just the exhaust note has a certain tone that never gets old. Some of the new performance cars make some noise, but with all the insulation and such, some cars have engine noise pumped into the cabin(some of the Mustangs I think?) so you know the engine is running!

I think I wrote before I enjoyed driving a few new cars, but older cars just have that feel you cannot duplicate with new cars. Todays cars literally drive themselves where a car like my SS you have to drive. No assists or tech to help unless you bring a smartphone for navigation. I think one car I rented had like 6 settings for suspension alone. It was crazy.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
my parents used to own a 172 Skyhawk, so I know that sound!

but, yes, I know that feeling... loved to hear the rumble of the GP with the t-tops out! it's somewhat quiet at cruising speed, but a slight blip of the throttle, and he'll growl!

Reactions: 1 users

84GP455

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2007
Methuen Ma.
Amen brother!

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
3d1764480205a49e8e5449a885b43abd--hulk-hogan-leeds.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

86sbcmonte

Apprentice
Mar 31, 2016
St. Louis
My 86 is a daily driver. And it never fails first start in the morning I always get out and just listen to the grumble before pulling off!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor