can i keep it?!, i can't help it followed me home

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
thanks for the support.

Nice looking Calais. I've never seen blinker indicators that color. Are they chrome or painted?
i think they're chrome, only cause they have slight oxidation pits on top surface. tops of door handles and bumpers have it also. car spent most of its life in georgia, i suspect near the coast.
[
QUOTE="Kwik_Cutty88, post: 504049, member: 11071"]How did you do flat towing it with another Cutlass? I'd be scared lol[/QUOTE]

with the right amount of stupidity, anything is possible. but yes, your tow vehicle should be heavier than what your towing. with a properly setup vehicle you can do it, 6 times and counting. you drive like your on snow or ice, very slow, planned steering correction. and you leave a lot of braking room. i learned not to tow in the dark when its raining, the tail likes to wag the dog if you know what i mean. only loaded my pants once, morning rush hour in st louis, mo. I'm driving in the left lane, watching way ahead to plan my moves when all of a sudden my lane decided to stop, almost jackknifed it. apparently rush hour in st louis is the same as minneapolis. lol

Looks like a five speed. Whats the specs on the drivetrain specs and rest of the car?

yes, good eye. 260, 5 speed, 2.56 posi rear end, tilt, a/c, am/fm/cb radio, rear defog, and power trunk release are the notable options.

I could clearly understand how it followed you home

best of all, and don't hate me for it, but my wife said yes. she has a soft spot for this car, its like my first body i had when i met her, red on red on red. she also said if one more follows me home, two cars have to leave.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
great looking car but do you think it's a good idea to teach your son "it just followed me home" trick. ?

Last edited:
  • Creative
Reactions: 1 user

_Tom

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 17, 2016
Toronto
nice car, for some reason it looks really REALLY familiar.

The option list is really cool... it was obviously an enthusiast who ordered it... those CB radios cost A LOT OF CASH back then...LOL...

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
Nice find! I'm loving the 5 speed and the CB. That's a sharp car. I really like the fact that you towed it with another Cutlass. All this time I've been spending lately to fix my Chevy truck so I can tow cars on a 2 wheel dolly and I could have just hooked 'em to my Monte Carlo. Lol.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
I have heard of the elusive 5 speed cutlass for many years but never seen one ! Very nice indeed

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
nice car, for some reason it looks really REALLY familiar.

The option list is really cool... it was obviously an enthusiast who ordered it... those CB radios cost A LOT OF CASH back then...LOL...

thank you. i was told the car came from mitchel, s.d. it might have been their only way to contact the outside world. lol

Nice find! I'm loving the 5 speed and the CB. That's a sharp car. I really like the fact that you towed it with another Cutlass. All this time I've been spending lately to fix my Chevy truck so I can tow cars on a 2 wheel dolly and I could have just hooked 'em to my Monte Carlo. Lol.

u-haul pissed me off one day over renting a tow dolly so i went to harbor freight and picked up a tow bar, made some brackets for the frame horns (hint, you need to remove the front bumper and bumper shocks to mount right on the frame horns) and attached 3/8 safety chains. for the tow lights, i tapped into the wiring harness near the fuse block and used the factory tail lights. it works awesome. i have towed well over a dozen cars including a '95 caprice. thanks u-haul. i have saved a ton of $.

I have heard of the elusive 5 speed cutlass for many years but never seen one ! Very nice indeed

thank you, its not quite a 5.0l mustang. but its fun. and i get to teach my kids how to drive a manual.

Reactions: 2 users

Kennybill

Master Mechanic
Mar 17, 2010
Braceville, Ohio
I'm glad it went to a good home. I talked to the previous owner about the car. I even went down to Uhaul to make sure my wire plug was compatible with their trailers, it was. At the last moment I didn't call him back because at 66yo I really don't need any more vehicles. Good luck, neat car.

455'ed80Regal

Master Mechanic
Nov 3, 2010
Lincoln, MO
I'd say that is a keeper. I would snag something like that up in a heartbeat if I come across it. Very nice car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor