Can i take the smog pump off??????

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the smog pump does is to pump fresh air into the exhaust manifolds to dilute the exhaust so it gives a cleaner reading when it exits the tail pipe.... I don't know why it's called a smog pump when it's actually a fresh air pump.. :?

Yes, but you'll need to vent the exhaust gases out of the manifold. Mine decided the best place to leave was the EGR valve and fried it good within two days.

legally, no. in reality? hell yeah but you should remove the pump, lines, and hoses and block off the ports to the cat and from the intake. you'll either need a different belt or a proper idler pulley to take up the spot.

my cutlass passed mass inspection with no pump, hollowed cat, no emissions stuff at all really. And I'm now going computer-less too. I'm lookin forward to the old 307 running a good bit better with all the computer mess out and not farkin everything up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor