Car won't stay on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 6, 2011
Car kept cutting off put new fuel pump ran good few days later problem started again put another carb on ran great few days later started again but not till it warmed up what do I do regal 3.8

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Crud in the gas tank maybe?

Domo50

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 26, 2011
I had the same problem when I first started working on my 82 cutlass. I turned out to be my vacuum hoses could be the same thing for you.

Bowiemontecarlo86

G-Body Guru
Dec 17, 2011
Tampa fl.
Did you change out the sock in the tank when u changed out the fuel pump? Be surprised how many ppl don't, also did you put a new fuel filter on? My cousin had that prob once turned out to be a clogged fuel line.

cutlassguy

Master Mechanic
Dec 15, 2011
first thing is do a good vaccum line inspection, then chuck a new fuel filter in. i always break the old one open to see how much crap it actually saved my motor from. if theres alot of fine metal shavings everytime, you probaly have a crapper pump thats not working properly.

cutlassguy

Master Mechanic
Dec 15, 2011
what happens when it dies? does it chug out? stall instantly? what happens when you try to restart it again? maybe its something electrical...distributor problems?? maybe a loose starter connection? describe what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor