Car Wrapping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henry88

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 10, 2012
I have an 85 Regal I won't to get the body wrapped. It's a couple of companies here in Va I will talk to. To get a price for wraps & installation. I'm going to do some body work to clean up the small dents & digs. By spring the wrap should be on. Anybody have any pictures of g-bodys with wrap? Or know any price or better companies who sell wrap?

boatshoes

Greasemonkey
Nov 10, 2011
Algonquin Illinois
I have helped wrap 2 cars. It is a huge PITA and is worth paying someone for. It is tricky and if you can't tint windows flawlessly, don't even think of wrapping a car. It cost about $600 in quality 3M wrap to do a Audi A4.
Any dents/dings that you can see will show through the wrap also. Just my 2 cents.

Sidenote, I may wrap my elco next year also. With a print :twisted:

shanghaismith

Greasemonkey
Mar 5, 2010
Macon, GA
boatshoes said:
I have helped wrap 2 cars. It is a huge PITA and is worth paying someone for. It is tricky and if you can't tint windows flawlessly, don't even think of wrapping a car. It cost about $600 in quality 3M wrap to do a Audi A4.
Any dents/dings that you can see will show through the wrap also. Just my 2 cents.

Sidenote, I may wrap my elco next year also. With a print :twisted:
$600 is just the material, right? I am in the graphics business and the minimum I charge for a full wrap is $2,500 (and that is a low ball price) The thing I don't like about wraps is that they have to be printed with a wide format solvent or eco-solvent printer and then laminated to protect them against UV rays. The hood graphic will start to deteriorate after 3 years (sooner if you don't have insulation) and look like mosaic tiles with all the cracks in it. If I have to remove an old wrap I charge about $700 to remove and there is a small chance of the paint being damaged.

GCheif

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 25, 2011
I am a Vendor for 3m vinyl in Texas. I just wrapped my Regal in Carbon Fiber, I think the car looks awesome and not only that but it was an easy instal....it took 2hrs per panel. Defiantly worth the investment if you dont want to spend the money on a pricey paint job. When Im ready to show off the original paint job I can just pull off the wrap. :rofl:

1979ratrod

Royal Smart Person
Dec 26, 2010
New Hampshire
GCheif said:
I am a Vendor for 3m vinyl in Texas. I just wrapped my Regal in Carbon Fiber, I think the car looks awesome and not only that but it was an easy instal....it took 2hrs per panel. Defiantly worth the investment if you dont want to spend the money on a pricey paint job. When Im ready to show off the original paint job I can just pull off the wrap. :rofl:
sounds nasty! lets see some pics!

online170

G-Body Guru
Oct 28, 2010
1979ratrod said:
GCheif said:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42547

GCheif

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 25, 2011
online170 said:
1979ratrod said:
GCheif said:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42547

Here is the link to my thread... viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42547#.UOdNc2_AdGQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor