carb swap???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
That was the problem I had with my Edelbrock AFB 600. It ended up being cheaper and easier to go with a real (no computer) Quadrajet than to try and get something that was not designed to be there to work well. Sure, I got it to run fine and all, but I never liked the adaptation process. (Throttle linkage, TV cable, A/C solenoid, fuel line, etc. It all adds up to a lot of money.) I got the Edelbrock because it was an awesome deal. I paid $30 for it at the U pull it--complete with manuals. Want to hate me more? It was sitting on a brand new SBC Performer intake. Price? $15. (Yep, the one that's on the Cutlass now!) The car also had a new billet underdrive pulley, but I didn't have the tool to get it off. Despite not wanting it on my SBC, the carb will find a new home on my AMC Spirit after the impending engine swap to another 360. It's not a bad carb and the car will run great with it. Besides, the AMC is one car I wouldn't want anything to do with the original carb on. The Motorcraft POS was worthless. Then, I will be trying to sell off all 4 of my Holleys. (smog 600, 2 750 vacuum carbs and a 650 DP). Sorry... I am starting to ramble...damn lack of sleep!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor