Carb wiring harness

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBCregal

Master Mechanic
Jan 22, 2006
Can anyone tell me what the wiring plug on the front left side of my carb is? Is it the mixture control solenoid? I'm not sure if this carb is one of the computer controlled carbs...if it is, what sensors are needed as well, the car has no O2 sensors. I wonder if this could be the cause of the idling problems I am having.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v302/ ... C00062.jpg

Ryan

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
That is the mixture control and you need the O2 sensor for the carb to run right. If you unplug the carb you'll end up with an over rich mixture and without the O2 the carb doesn't know what to do. I got rid of the computer controlled carb, O2 sensor and computer control distributor.

85t5mcss

Master Mechanic
Apr 24, 2006
Indy, IN
While u r at it, get rid of the AIR pump, emission hoses, MAP sensor, diverter valve and everything else. When u r finished the engine bay will look a lot cleaner. And u can see your engine, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor