carbed electric pump... where to place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
I would take the pump off and use it to find a spot that will have the clearance you need and then make a bracket to mount to your pump to make it fit in that location and don't forget line routing clearances also for the new location.
that's an idea... I can't remember if the bracket comes off the pump or not... I saw a spot that might've worked, but the pump would actually drop below the frame, and I'm worried about road debris hitting it. this is similar to the pump I have \/ ... I may look into building a block to sit in the frame rails as an option, or maybe a box to protect the bottom...
1538323042345.png
Mine was small enough to fit in the frame in front (out of the way) of axle travel.
Doug, I do have a small holley pump, but it's a little noisier, and for some unknown reason, it doesn't seem to work as well as the carter... it's the one you can pick up at your local big box parts stores...I may reluctantly have to go back to this one...
1538323591363.png

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Just a quick update on the pump location.... Finally got a little time to get back to it, and searched the shop to see what I could fabricate. Ended up using the small Holley pump, mainly because I could fit it near the tank, and be away from the exhaust. Pics speak a thousand words they say, so...
IMG_20181013_170924465.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
Well, if I had to go with a tiny guy on a V8, I would go Holley... How is it holding up?

I only have experience with an electric on my 1970 VW Westfalia Bus.. which requires 2-3psi.. and choices are limited.. Mr. Gasket 42S is the best I Can do (aside from "cheap china" - which I have two of, as backups) and it hasn't been bad... loud, tho.. but absolutely no issues with placement... tons of room on a old hippie bus :D

-Gonz

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
gonzo, the mr gasket is pretty identical to this unit. it's loud, but when the car is running, and with a decent exhaust, it's hardly noticeable. I just have a "thing" about these type pumps, I'm not a big fan of them, as their reliability doesn't seem to be existent... works pretty well, I've run it on the car before, when i thought the carter unit had given up. would love to have one of those old hippie buses nowadays!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor