Carlisle 2021 GM Nationals

Status
Not open for further replies.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
So... things happened tonight.

1) the wife saw something about this and asked me if I wanted to go because she OKs it;

2) she said it might be a place to buy a pile of parts, especially nos fenders for the 77 c10;

3) she asked if I wanted to rent a space and bring any leftovers like the old s-series and such that I keep saying I need to get rid of;

4) she said that she would stay with the spot and video dial me if anyone wanted things so I could shop;

5) she said to think about buying new tires and a truck topper to tow the truck bed trailer for extra space to haul purchases home.

I haven't gone in many years now. My recollection is they're overpriced compared to other more localized swap meets that don't have the name attached.

Also, have I entered the twilight zone or outer limits? There must be an angle here...

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Ive never gone to the GM show but I used to hit the Spring and Fall swap meets every year. Used to tow my trailer down with a pocket full of cash hoping to find a great deal but never did. Even on the lawns in the surrounding areas. I havent been since the Spring of 2007. My dad passed mid September that year so I didnt bother with the Fall show and the next Spring all the health issues started with me and I never made it back. A five hour ride each way would kick my butt and at this point my knees would be hurting by the time I got there. I'd never be able to walk the show. Kinda sucks.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Oh, she settin' yo @$$ up for a BIG ONE. Tread carefully, my man.
I can't imagine what it might be, although, I guess that's part of the problem.

Did I add she also said we could go to Barrett Jackson in Vegas if I wanted? Theoretically not just to look if something caught my eye 'that was a good deal'...

Ive never gone to the GM show but I used to hit the Spring and Fall swap meets every year. Used to tow my trailer down with a pocket full of cash hoping to find a great deal but never did. Even on the lawns in the surrounding areas.
And that's the thing. I have a feeling prices there may be crazy. Problem is, I do need a good pair of gm fenders, none of that aftermarket junk.
A five hour ride each way would kick my butt and at this point my knees would be hurting by the time I got there. I'd never be able to walk the show. Kinda sucks.
Would kill me too. But, pain docs gave me some extra pills to take when things get worse so there's always that.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
So... things happened tonight.

1) the wife saw something about this and asked me if I wanted to go because she OKs it;

2) she said it might be a place to buy a pile of parts, especially nos fenders for the 77 c10;

3) she asked if I wanted to rent a space and bring any leftovers like the old s-series and such that I keep saying I need to get rid of;

4) she said that she would stay with the spot and video dial me if anyone wanted things so I could shop;

5) she said to think about buying new tires and a truck topper to tow the truck bed trailer for extra space to haul purchases home.

I haven't gone in many years now. My recollection is they're overpriced compared to other more localized swap meets that don't have the name attached.

Also, have I entered the twilight zone or outer limits? There must be an angle here...
She must have heard about the ladies oasis they have there now to keep the wives occupied

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013

Did I add she also said we could go to Barrett Jackson in Vegas if I wanted? Theoretically not just to look if something caught my eye 'that was a good deal'...

And that's the thing. I have a feeling prices there may be crazy. Problem is, I do need a good pair of gm fenders, none of that aftermarket junk.

Would kill me too. But, pain docs gave me some extra pills to take when things get worse so there's always that.
Maybe that's it: she's pushing you towards the grave!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Maybe that's it: she's pushing you towards the grave!
You'd maybe think so, but, I'm worth more to her alive than dead (for now) and she knows it lol.

Now, this time next year or the year after? Then it may change...

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

JimmyCamino

Greasemonkey
Dec 15, 2020
Alexandria, VA
I'd plan on going. It's a fun day if the weather cooperates. I suspect prices for aftermarket and repro stuff will be way up but there also could be a lot of pent up interest in getting rid of old used and NOS stuff.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY

Back in the day we would leave between 3-3:30AM, walk the whole swap meet and then drive home same day. Needless to say we were pretty beat up when we got home. Two full tanks of gas, $36 to cross the bridge just to come home with some small crap we would find walking through the vendors. Mostly stuff like polishing pads or oddball tools. All stuff that could be bought online without even getting up out my recliner.
One year I made the mistake of buying a BBQ sandwich from a guy with a trailer at the meet. My guts were never great to begin with. Should have saved it for when I got home but I was starving. I hit every hotel bathroom on 78 through PA and into NJ. My buddy was laughing his *ss off. SMH

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
She must have heard about the ladies oasis they have there now to keep the wives occupied
I thought you were joking... apparently its a real thing!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor