center shift and bench seat? (pics?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I planned on having the center of the seat cut back (flush with the fold down arm rest) and installing the front half of an original center console :idea: and just bring it right up against the seat there 8)

RITTER said:
I planned on having the center of the seat cut back (flush with the fold down arm rest) and installing the front half of an original center console :idea: and just bring it right up against the seat there 8)

i thought of something like this! i would like to see it done. would be cool to have too. good luck

thanks for all the pictures everyone! im looking forward to doing this in the near future :wink:

EDDYS_ELCO said:
I have an 81 Elco that came with a 3 speed manual on the floor. The shifter works fine with the bench seat. I understand that these are Rare, most people have never seen one. I'm trying to find out how many were made..??
This is what I've found so far:
Courtesy of http://www.elcaminocentral.com/archive/ ... -5911.html
1981 El Camino model year sales were 36,711 units
The K in your VIN indicates the 229ci LC3 V6 engine.
50% of 1981 Elkys came with a V6.
13.4% of 1981 Elkys with a V6 came with a manual 3 speed transmission.

All of that means your El Camino is one of 2,460 that was built with a V6 and a 3 speed in 1981.

There are 2 of these sitting in a Salvage yard just outside of my town.

Mine is bench seat four gear:
100_1949.jpg

I know this is a old thread but a great one , that factory stick camino above is awesome ....

I have a 79 regal im thinking of going with a pro ratchet, i have a 40/60 bench so i might be able to reach it with the passenger pushed back and drive a lil more forward. BUT it will be a tight fit.

Great Thread!

All you looking to do this,look at a mid 80's-early 90's s10,the bench from the manual trucks have a Lil cut out in the bench seat that is perfect for the g's.and all that is needed for a direct bolt in is your existing g'body seat tracks.

very easy to do, i install the hurst v-matic and love it.

Attachments

• SNC00260.jpg
    SNC00260.jpg
    877.5 KB · Views: 1,786
pacman350 said:
very easy to do, i install the hurst v-matic and love it.

the hurst v-matic has a slight bend so it gives nice clearance between the radio, this is in the park position

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor