cheap braided hose and an fittings

WyoGN

Apprentice
Sep 24, 2022
Looking for feed back on ebay, amazon braided hose with an fittings.....good bad and ugly. Looking to do some, like trans cooler lines. special techniques that make them work when others failed ect....tia.....nylon or stainless doesn't matter

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Local speed shop sells XRP hose so I went with that. Aeroquip fittings. Invest in a Koul Tool. Its worth every penny.

Reactions: 2 users

86 Salon

Apprentice
Mar 14, 2021
No matter where you buy from, get PTFE hose. It's good for anything you can run through it. Make sure that the hose and hose ends are from the same manufacturer. Fittings can be mix and matched. I got all of mine from Summit. They may be more than Amazon or eBay, but they won't be counterfeit. I have got counterfeit parts from Amazon. My Felpro gaskets were not Felpro. It would be bad to have a fuel or transmission line blow out and start a fire.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

BlairC_789

Apprentice
Jun 18, 2021
North Carolina
I just used summit fittings and cheap hose on my transmission this month. Easy to work with and have them on 2 other vehicles
IMG_3395.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
I've got a mix of Earl's, Evil Energy (Amazon), FaSSter (eBay), Snake Eater, Fragola, A.C. Performance, and Summit fittings and am happy with all of them. I have not wet-flowed my fuel system but have air pressurized everything to test the connections.

It's smart to try and get all your fittings from one supplier, as you can assume they'll fit together the best. Every manufacturer is producing parts that are supposed to fall within guidelines and meet tolerances but mixing and matching has the potential to cause issues. I seem to have gotten lucky. As 86 Salon said, don't play that game with hoses & fittings though, unless you're absolutely certain they'll work together.

The Koul Tool is nice but doesn't work with PTFE or Evil Energy fittings, just a heads up.

Avoid using CPE rubber lines for anything other than vacuum, spend the damn money and get the PTFE lines that will outlive you. Yes they're more expensive, but they're basically impervious to chemicals and they can take the heat a little better. Ya gotta pay for quality somewhere in the build, but I saved some coin by going with Evil Energy hoses.

When buying hoses be absolutely sure to check the I.D. and O.D.- don't just go by the dash size or you'll be in a world of hurt since not all -X AN hoses are identical in size. This is where you can overheat a transmission, starve an engine of fuel, or try to assemble fittings and lines of two different sizes. And that's why you normally avoid mixing brands.

Get a small tabletop vice, perhaps one that clamps onto the workbench. They're very affordable at around $20 on Amazon and also at Harbor Freight. Sometimes a big vice is just in the way.

You'll also want some aluminum or plastic jaws for said vice, lest you markup your fittings, which are also around $20.

Wrap the area you're about to cut with electrical tape to contain the soon to be frayed stainless/ nylon wires. You'll want to cut the hose with an electric or air powered cutoff wheel since teeth will only grab and jerk.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

WyoGN

Apprentice
Sep 24, 2022
thanks guys, this is what I was after. Definitely going ptfe on everything. Seems a little easier to assemble as well

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor