Chevy LS videos!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tt442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 3, 2011
Any of you guys know of any video's of installing an LS motor showing the electrical and fueling issues? I am planning on Putting a 5.3L in my 442 this summer and am researching everything I can. So far it seems with my oldschool small chevy knowledge Im more comfortable with a Carbed LS and the MSD setup to keep my first one simple like swapping motors back in high school. I'd really like the whole EFI and computer setup but just cant seem to wrap my hear around everything. My wife is more than willing to let me put a new motor in the car she hates the most so If I cant make it work I will never hear the end of it. I've read articles endlessly and a few books but they are so confussing with all the different options. So far my best info has come from the junk yard down the street who has bunches of truck motors. Iron block alum heads. $1500 for a 30,000 mile motor. not including the wires and computer. What asses drive will fit in my 1987 442? I plan on using the 200R4 that I currently have. I will be installing a new bump stick and springs right away before it goes in the car. Seems the TV cable setup will be easiest with another carbed motor set up. If anyone is in the northern IL area or anywhere in WI and have a bunch of experiance with thse things please let me know. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor