Chevy s-10 ZQ8 rims on a Malibu

Status
Not open for further replies.

RKRUZIN

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 4, 2012
Erie, PA
Just got my S-10 extreme ZQ8 rims and mounted some tires here is my findings:

I had to trim out the hub on rear and front just like all the forum says. I used a Dremmel tool and shaved a few MM out of the front disc hub and the rear axle flange. I have a Buick GN axle 8.5 inch and it was the same as a 7.5 inch axle. I also trimmed the wheel slightly also for a perfect fit. I tried different air tools but the dremmel works the best.

I had 2 tires size 245 50R- 16 mounted and they cleared the rear no problem. I tried them on the front and the fit fine until I turned at full lock. I have a Monte SS/ Camaro steering box also. the tires were rubbing on the pass side the most in the front on the upper A-arm too much to trim so I ordered 2 tires size 225 55R -16 to try on the front. this is basically the same size diameter tire just not as wide..I let you know how they work. also the Zq8 rims have 4.25 inches of backspacing instead of the camaro's 4.5 inch. much needed room...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor