Choo Choo wagon? What do y'all think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
The more I look at it the more I think it might be a Monte SS nose that has been cut to match the Malibu fenders. Just doesn't look right at the headlight area. It also has an angle to it that shouldn't be there on the bottom front of the wheel.
They would actually have to add to the nose where it meets the fenders since the Monte goes straight down in that area

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
12622153_1088457261187714_7582155795481624061_o.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I like it
The mirrors on the silver one look out of place, they don't seem to fit right. Look like 86 Montes. The mirrors on the white one are to far forward. I like both cars.
A good bodyman could make a Monte nose work, but I would much rather have the fiberglass one from Choo Choo, defunct Lauren, or JP Auto parts.

Wagonman100

Apprentice
Jun 8, 2018
I plan on doing that with my pro-street Fauxmad ‘83 wagon. I don’t think you could do the Monte SS front without using the fenders and hood at least. You could fab up pieces for the fenders, but the body lines that go from the hood and into the nose are located in a different spot than the Malibu. Then you would probably have to use the Monte doors as well, then the body line from door to quarter won’t match.

The mirrors on the silver one might be too far up and forward. The Monte style mirrors on the red one are too far back. I was going to use them on my El Camino and put them up in the corner where they belong, but I reskinned the passenger door and it didn’t have any holes for mirrors so I left the mirror off that side and shaved the hole for the drivers side mirror. I do have a set of street rod mirrors with set screws and some hard rubber so I can have outside mirrors if I’m hauling something that blocks my view out of the rear window.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor