Classic Car Liscense Plates

Status
Not open for further replies.

franknitticutlass

Greasemonkey
Aug 17, 2009
What years of cars are you able to get classic plates for? I thought it was a car 25 years or older. I wanna get some for my 82.

franknitticutlass said:
What years of cars are you able to get classic plates for? I thought it was a car 25 years or older. I wanna get some for my 82.
I do not know about Michigan, but we can get historic license plates at 25 years here in NJ.

yes 25 years ,you can also get the yellow/orange tags too for your car but there must be in good shape .the yellow/orange tags are for the 1980-1989 years

Yes I know NJ is 25 years for classic cars but if you have a limited production vehicle you can get collector car plates. For example a Grand National or a Grand Prix 2+2 would more than likely qualify.

Remember some states have different rules that go along with classic plates so check with your DMV.Tennesse for example you can get classic plates for vehicles older than 25, you pay a one time registration fee not yearly.You are limited though to weekend only driving or to a special event(parades, car shows, etc.)Now I dont know how strict they are about fining if your running around everyday on classic plates as I havent owned a vehicle old enough yet.

Definitely varies from state to state. I just moved from TX and it was 25yrs for classic plates or antique plates. The difference was that if you had antique plates you didn't have to get inspected and only had to register the car every 5 yrs! But, I just moved to NC and don't think they have the same hot deal. I had antique plates on my VW Karmann Ghia since I just had it for show and occiasional drives. I plan on driving my Cutlass Cruiser a lot so will just get normal plates.

i know here in il if ya got classic car plates you only have to regester every 4 years and yer only allowed 1k miles per year. for me thats no prob because the speedo dont werk :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor