Newbie 79 Malibu Classic

streetbu79

n00b
Feb 2, 2024
Hey! New here and own a 1979 Malibu that was bought new by my Great Grand Parents, handed down to Grandma and she cracked a head on the original 200ci six and then was going to sell it but not even worth the offers so she gave it to me. Thank God I was fortunate enough to have been working since before I was legal age to work and cashed in a few savings bonds people gave me or my parents when I was born.

Less then 100k miles on body and frame.

Sbc 355, 10:5:1 aluminum heads, carbed, had original th200c built by a racer/mechanic which I was friends with hos son too who ran the same.

3:73 gears with an auburn pro series carrier and 275/50/15 drag radials out back on some weld prostate.

FB_IMG_1574084144533_83215929488098.jpg
FB_IMG_1581951188848_83215869972942.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Hard to tell from pics given, but looks to be base Malibu....Classic would have the wide wheelwell moldings and wide B pillar moldings

Looks like a nice clean car.

streetbu79

n00b
Feb 2, 2024
Hard to tell from pics given, but looks to be base Malibu....Classic would have the wide wheelwell moldings and wide B pillar moldings

Looks like a nice clean car.
Thanks!

I have the window sticker in the glove box and I could tell you in a second but have it in another garage right now since I have a bunch of building material in my garage right now.

factory was 200ci v6 th200c transmission
Factory AC, crank windows and bench seat, all vinyl or pleather interior.

ONLY regret is not keeping the bench. I couldn't mount my b&m quicksilver floor shift so I grabbed two buckets out of an Isuzu trooper from the self pic junk yard and I had nowhere to store the bench.

In hind sight I wish I would of kept it and cut it out and reapolstered till I could afford some comfy racing buckets but oh well.

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Welcome to the GbodyForum!
Looks like you have a very nice start. It’s nice to know the “real” history of your car. The VIN and RPO codes will tell you a lot about what you really have. If you post that info we can look it up. Also, there is a post on here somewhere that has every single option and standard item available for the 79 Malibu. Someone here may know how to repost it or guide you to where it is. Extremely informative if you have a 79 Malibu.

Reactions: 1 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Here's PDF's of all Chevy A/G infomation kits which will have what is needed for '79 Malibus

Reactions: 2 users

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I told you it would get posted soon.

Thanks pagrunt! I really love this info.

Reactions: 2 users

CrammerGram69

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2019
SW, Michigan
Nice! Don't see many Classics Anymore
Welcome to the GbodyForum!
Looks like you have a very nice start. It’s nice to know the “real” history of your car. The VIN and RPO codes will tell you a lot about what you really have. If you post that info we can look it up. Also, there is a post on here somewhere that has every single option and standard item available for the 79 Malibu. Someone here may know how to repost it or guide you to where it is. Extremely informative if you have a 79 Malibu.
Very true. RPOs mean everything! lol.
I was lucky enough to track down an original Dealership trunk emblem for my car!

Reactions: 1 user

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Welcome, good looking ride

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor