Classic car- special interest insurance anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks again Guys!
I really appreciate it.

I was also wondering how the company or companies would react to photos of the car with primer spots, etc.? Kind of a work in progress...

Jack

I have had all of my cars (both collector and daily drivers) insured with State Farm. The only b*tch I have is with a collector car, you don't get the multi-car discount. As far as the coverage's go, you can pick and choose, but I have full-coverage year round for $168-I just had to give them pic's, a bill of sale, and/or an appraisal. I think the most expensive car insurance I had was on my '69 Charger, that cost me about $400 a year and was appraised well over $40K.

State Farm is also easy to deal with if you have claim issues.

87GP said:
I have my cars with jc taylor. I pay about $380 for 6 cars.

I have the same. I'm under the Modified version; they also have Classic. As with most here, you have to have another daily driver, have to submit pictures, and the rest. I went a little extra and submitted a list of the performance / upgraded parts on the car - I think I even added in an approximate cost for replacement SSIII's. I just wanted to make sure the appraised value was high enough in case something happened - this is where receipts come in handy, though it makes you cringe when you start adding them up :shock: . I can't remember if I submitted copies of the receipts but was ready if they questioned anything. It is for full coverage.

They were great to work with, website is pretty self-explanatory, they answer yor questions / email. And in terms of the mileage (as least with the modified) they realize you're going to drive the car so are somewhat forgiving if you go over. I believe they don't want you to go over 3500 or so a year but won't freak if you hit 3501.

Good luck in your search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor