Coilover conversions....who's done it

Status
Not open for further replies.

403Olds

G-Body Guru
May 31, 2014
South Central Ohio
Seriously starting to look at coilover conversion setups. There are many different brands and styles out there. I'd be interested in who's got real driving experience on them and the brand and spring rates used. There's alot of information out there, I'm not setting up an autocrosser, but would like to improve the ride and handling.

For the record, it's for an 85 Cutlass with a 403.

UMI Performance

Master Mechanic
GBodyForum Sponsor
Jul 9, 2011
Philipsburg, Pa
Hello, The front coil over's on the G-Body are pretty simple, just bolt in and go. We have rates from 250-650 and we would be glad to help you pick which rate is best. The higher rate can also not allow the car to go as low as some would like so you have to find the happy middle ground. For a non-auto car usually 450lb rate is nice and that usually allows the car to drop up to 3" from stock.

We offer two front end kit brands, QA1 and Viking. Both very similar. The QA1 is single adjustable when means the compression and rebound of the shock are adjusted together. The Viking's only come in double adjustable which is 19 settings for compression and 19 settings for rebound. You can make the shock autox capable, a nice cruiser or a drag shock just by changing the settings. Both kits bolt to factory or aftermarket lower a-arms with no modifications to the car.

QA1 Single Adj. Coil Over Kit

Viking Double Adj. Coil Over Kit

The rear kits include a little more bracketry and the UMI kit is almost ready for sale. We just did our final test run on them yesterday and we are very happy with our design and performance. Below is the lower brackets that bolt to the shock. We should have this kit ready in two weeks.

Please ask if you have any questions. thanks!

Attachments

• 3048-2.jpg
    3048-2.jpg
    530.9 KB · Views: 269

403Olds

G-Body Guru
May 31, 2014
South Central Ohio
Hi Ryan,
I have your front upper arms now, they are great pieces. Looking for someone with some seat time with these to compare to. Currently my car has the factory F41 springs.

UMI Performance

Master Mechanic
GBodyForum Sponsor
Jul 9, 2011
Philipsburg, Pa
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor