Coilovers to lower car

L05edSS

Master Mechanic
Nov 29, 2022
as of this post i have yet to get my car back after new suspension installed but that part is done here's some things you need to know. i stuck with stamped steel control arms front & rear cuz didnt want to be bothered with having to grease poly bushings & other potential nightmares that come with tubulars. besides i don't have a ton of HP nor is it ever going to see a track (parts used i'll post below). the biggest issue i had and was prepared for was what this guy dealt with. teaser it looks like he used reinforcement plates in the front but didn't say anything bout them. he didn't weld them in nor did mine get welded in against what others here recommended, my mechanic chose not to and said was glad he didn't i forgot reason but said its not an issue. i trust his judgement on that.

the plates. aldan seems to be only coilover mfg that sells them and separately from their kits. their's are expensive and look weak so i went with these.

coilover kit

rear control arms

front spring insulators

2" drop spindles

front upper control arms

front lower control arms i used allstar bare stampings, i tried to fill them in with delco parts and it failed with the bushings. if had to do it over find generic 1s already done, it was a time delaying mess. here's what used otherwise.

other parts used were BMR products

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor