Advice on lowering my Monte

Have you tried delrin yet? I haven't. My friend bought a race car with delrin bushings and didn't like it. Thought it had a bit of stiction to it so he tossed them in favor of spherical.
I have them on the front a-arms for my 64 C10 (Porterbuilt narrowed arms) as well as on the front uppers & lowers going under my 'Bu (SPC & Speedtech). Neither are ready for the road.

I have Delrin bushings on the Porterbuilt front lower a-arms of my Squarebody dually w/OE GM 63 -87 HD rubber lined metal bushings for the front uppers, & spherical joints on the rear 4-bar. No complaints w/that combo @ all. *Think of the rubber-lined screw style metal bushings as the 50/60's version of Delrin.

I seek high durometer rubber where possible for bushings. I feel Delrin works great for things that pivot/rotate on a single axis but can be harsh for some applications.

While I like the spherical joints (Spohn units) under my dually, I'm switching from Currie True-Trac spherical joint style C4L rear arms to Detroit Speed Swivel Links for my 'Bu.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor