Color of tach wire

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
Does anyone know what color the tach wire is going into the back of the gauge cluster? I am assuming it is white, but cant find it in any wiring diagrams.

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
Nevermind, I found it.(GOOGLE is the sh*t :eek: :D 8) ) It is the white wire.

Ridgeline

Greasemonkey
Jan 19, 2008
Where did you find the white wire and where does it go? I tried hooking my tack up today. Already have gauges. circuit board says battery, does anything go there? I spent all day and no luck. It's tuff being a noobie.
Thanks

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
Ridgeline said:
Where did you find the white wire and where does it go? I tried hooking my tack up today. Already have gauges. circuit board says battery, does anything go there? I spent all day and no luck. It's tuff being a noobie.
Thanks

I found out the tach was the white wire by doing google searches. It is connected to the harness thet plugs into the gauge assembly. I didnt know the circuit board says battery, I went off of wiring diagrams out of a haynes manual. It is pretty easy to track where the wires go to by tracing where the copper strips lead to. I know from the wiring diagram that there is one power source that supplies the whole gauge assembly, which is the pink wire(atleast on the gauges with coolant, oil pressure, volts, gas, and tach, not idiot lights). If you need me to put the wiring diagrams up, let me know.

srercrcr

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2006
San Antonio, Texas
There are complete and in color wiring diagrams in the GM manuals....readily available.

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
Ridgeline said:
I found the white wire. Where does it connect?

I cant get the right diagrams posted. The white wire connects to a brown wire. The brown wire connects to a tach filter then to the distributor.

Ridgeline

Greasemonkey
Jan 19, 2008
My 87 305 El Camino has the coil on the intake. I have looked it over and don't see a place for the tach wire such as you do on one that has the coil built into the distributor. This has been very frustrating but I ain't giving up.
Thanks for your help dan2286.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor