Colorado emissions testing questions

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
dad planned to retire in CS in '73, already had built the house, but then got called overseas again, then back to the states, and then decided to pick San Antonio to retire to 5 yrs later 😡 I often wonder how my life path would have changed

View attachment 206227

Even back as far as 2010, houses were very affordable. Not so much now. Again, the cat's out of the bag. CA and TX have discovered this place.

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
Even back as far as 2010, houses were very affordable. Not so much now. Again, the cat's out of the bag. CA and TX have discovered this place.
I'm not looking at the Front Range anyway , I want quiet and dark skies

roger1

G-Body Guru
Aug 23, 2010
San Angelo, TX
let us know how it works out Roger1. Colorado is one of the places the wife and I are considering retirement ourselves from Austin and I do have that '86 elkie. the one thing I remember from my trip up there 2-3 yrs ago during MemDay weekend was the hailstorms around the Denver area.

like you, I can't stand the dmn heat and the cedar pollen is a major PITA
My wife and I both lived and worked are entire careers in Austin and we retired here to San Angelo in 2007. I had bad allergies in Austin too. Mold, cedar and mesquite. I thought moving here would improve things but the cedar here is just as bad as Austin. Mold affects me just as bad too. We live around a bunch of mesquite too. Overall, my allergies have been worse here than in Austin. My wife says the same thing.

I am more inclined at this point to keep my El Camino and swap in an E-Rod engine than to sell the car. I might try and time it so I can take the El Camino up there right after renewing the Texas license. That would give me a year after moving before I needed to get started on the swap. If I do end up doing this I certainly will start a new thread here and share all the details during the work.

Reactions: 1 user

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I'm not looking at the Front Range anyway , I want quiet and dark skies

Do you want the KS variety or the mountain variety? It's a whole 'nuther world west of the front range. It's beautiful up there.

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
Do you want the KS variety or the mountain variety? It's a whole 'nuther world west of the front range. It's beautiful up there.
not sure where yet, but knowing the wife.... close to a city, decent med care, no prisons, nowhere near the crazy elected Boobert or the election denying voting clerks (I've seen the news). we've gotta do some more visiting up there first. GJ has been recommended but I don't particularly care for high desert, I prefer mountains and forest. we visited Estes Park last time (but too touristy, trafficky, and $$ for me, although a good size)

1662400430904.png

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
not sure where yet, but knowing the wife.... close to a city, decent med care, no prisons, nowhere near the crazy elected Boobert or the election denying voting clerks (I've seen the news). we've gotta do some more visiting up there first. GJ has been recommended but I don't particularly care for high desert, I prefer mountains and forest. we visited Estes Park last time (but too touristy, trafficky, and $$ for me, although a good size)

View attachment 206277

Yeah the scenic stuff is all tourist heavy. Just too damned many people, even the unimproved camp sites are completely slammed in the summer. Make sure you're deliberate when you visit to help inform a decision.

roger1

G-Body Guru
Aug 23, 2010
San Angelo, TX
I was interested in GJ but with the family with heath issues in Fort Collins, my wife didn't want to have to travel on I70 over the mountains to get there so she nixed that. GJ is just so darn close to get to the higher elevations and cool hiking trails and that was really appealing to me. Plus I have family ties in Utah and would like to have been even closer.

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
I was interested in GJ but with the family with heath issues in Fort Collins, my wife didn't want to have to travel on I70 over the mountains to get there so she nixed that. GJ is just so darn close to get to the higher elevations and cool hiking trails and that was really appealing to me. Plus I have family ties in Utah and would like to have been even closer.
how well does Amtrak get thru Colorado? live in Mesa/Palisades but Amtrak to Denver if you have to?

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor