MONTE CARLO Column Shift with 4L80E

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Here is how I have mine done. Please excuse the dirt and the fine billet bolt used to attach the cable

That is pretty clever! It would have been way less work than what I did to the wagon (modifying the stock linkage and pivots).

cs69camaro

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 20, 2014
Louisiana
I’m glad I could help. It worked out that the arc of the stock shifter on the column allowed the correct travel of the linkage on the trans. I need to make it look a little better but it functions great and I could maintain the sleeper look until the turbo spools

Reactions: 3 users
Feb 9, 2018
Fort Worth TX
I’m glad I could help. It worked out that the arc of the stock shifter on the column allowed the correct travel of the linkage on the trans. I need to make it look a little better but it functions great and I could maintain the sleeper look until the turbo spools
Do you by chance have the part number on the b&my you used for this? Very cool idea!

cs69camaro

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 20, 2014
Louisiana
I’m pretty sure it was this one. I know it’s the right cable just can’t remeber the length.

Attachments

• C54DBA4D-24B4-409E-B863-4B856B1FC6EF.png
    C54DBA4D-24B4-409E-B863-4B856B1FC6EF.png
    246.7 KB · Views: 534

FastCraig

Master Mechanic
Sep 11, 2017
Huntington, WV
Has anyone made this cable work? looks like a good clean simple fix.

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
I don't have any pictures at the moment but I will try to get my car on my lift and snap a few. I used the cable and bracket from a shifter I had for a 700R4. The drawing below shows the parts used on the transmission.
View attachment 84633

This is the bracket and cable that came with my B&M Pro-ratchet shifter. Might help narrow the search down a bit for you.

Reactions: 1 user

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan

Very cool idea and execution. I eliminated my column interlock and used the NSS on the trans. Can you show pics of how the column cable connects to the transmission and what Lokar cable you used?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor