Complete LT1 swap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup ,I just used but connectors so I can get it running and make sure everything is just right before I spend time soldering..lol

I already bought about 5 feet of shrink tubing + butane torch ....

and studying all printable diagrams that I put my hands on

Dan

does the car have a name yet? if not then i think the snake may be a influence on the name maybe????....lol

Jim Rockford said:
LOL I was taking pics in flip flops and when I bent down to take some underneith there he was ..had to run him out with a stick ,he was nonposionus though , Here is another pretty good write up about the swap .
http://home.comcast.net/~spudmanmike/scrapbook.pdf

Thanx Jim both those links have really helped me, we have pulled everything out of the regal from the motor to gas tank. Am still looking for a rear end. Can anyone tell me where i can get the corvette brackets from so i dont have to notch the frame

thats gonna be tough they are high and you need all the corvette assy to go with em ,the f and b body assy don't work with the corvette bracket,easier way and what i'm prolly gonna do is get this kit.
http://www.bowersrodshop.com/info_pulley.htm
pulley_onblock.gif

puts the compressor back in the stock monte posistion ,I'm trying my best to make mine look like a factory installation.

They come in black ..lol not that red ,guess that was just so you can see it.

well after finding a roadmaster in the junkyard this past weekend ,I decided that I was tired of trying to make a p/s line work with the f body p/s pump and switched over to the b body assy bracket and p/s pump and that way i was able to use the b body p/s lines. and I didn't have to notch my frame for the a/c commpressor ,but I also installed new poly engine mounts inside the clamshells before I dropped the engine in.
Little blurry ,I'll get better ones later.battery died.
P1020767.jpg

P1020769.jpg

P1020765.jpg

and with a little modding I can use the f body lines.
P1020756.jpg

Well I removed the core support and took it to the shop this morning and powdercoated it Matte black ,couldn't stand it being the ugliest thing in the engine compartment ..lol
P1020772.jpg

P1020773.jpg

You can see in this pic it was almost a white color ,plus it had some kinda waxy undercoating stuff on it ,so I cleaned it up.

P1020603.jpg

Jim,
you have use the original b body a/c brackets without cutting the frame for clearance ?
great !!!! now i know mine will fit too! all from 9C1 ...
Dan

make sure you replace the engine mounts in the clamshells,i think that is why mine fit. i used the performance suspention poly ones

Jim,
you changed the motor mounts to poly ones ...but did you keep the original b body mounts on the engine or ...?

could you give me the p/n of these mounts ? where did you get these?
tanks
dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor