Component ID behind dash

chevy042

n00b
Sep 5, 2024
Middleburg, FL
Good morning all,

I have a 1985 Olds Cutlass 442 w/307. I'm in the middle of restoring the dash and wiring and for the life of me cannot figure out what this bluish green box is. It's not the VSS as pictured near the instrument opening. This box is just above the cigar lighter.

I searched all the wiring diagrams, spent a few days searching this forum, and even bought a one month ALLDATA subscription :doh:hoping they would possibly have a diagram or component listing, but have come up empty. Any help from you fine folks would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_1321_LI.jpg
    IMG_1321_LI.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1315.jpg
    IMG_1315.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 4

Thank you, Sir! This is excellent info and much appreciated. Also, exactly what I feared - I spent DAYS searching what I thought were relevant forums with relevant search titles, and lo and behold it was just discussed in detail a year ago. Thanks again!

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor