Confused need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twinsrusracing

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 30, 2014
I just purchased a project recently. 85 Monte NON- SS came from the factory with 305 but previous owner ditched the orig engine and trans. Currently has a 327 sbc and a 2004r in the car. I had to finish the install of the trans. the driveshaft, shift linkage work that came with the car but the crossmember doesn't look correct. The rear trans has 2 mounting holes and the crossmember has 1 hole? I have read you can slide some cross members back to the rear holes in the frame but not sure this will work with mine. Any suggestions? I have a feeling I have a crossmember for a th350 or a th200 trans.?

marcar1993

G-Body Guru
Aug 31, 2007
New Jersey
Do you mean the rubber trans mount has 2 bolts to meet the crossmember and the crossmember only has one hole in it? If so just get a new trans mount for the car at any local store, it should be the single bolt type. The dual bolt type is for older cars.

Twinsrusracing

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 30, 2014
Thanks marcar1993! -I guess I'm missing the rubber mount. I just see 2 holes in the bottom of the trans . There is no rubber mount. And the crossmember does just have one hole. No rubber on the crossmember either. If I go to napa what year would I tell them for the mount?

RAGINGMALIBU

RAGINGMALIBU
Jun 4, 2014
TEXAS
That is correct. If you look to getting the trans mount your came with factory, that should work for your current application. If not, you now have a starting point. Just go back and start pulling mounts that match your trans bolt hole measurements and the cross member measurements/location/orientation in relation to the transmission mount holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor