GBOTM Congrats, 69hurstolds, March '21 Winner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Did you just drag that back though the Time Tunnel? Wowsers is that clean! Congrats!

Reactions: 1 users

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
Stunning car! Congratulations!!!!!!

Reactions: 1 user

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
Very nice. If I ever got a 442 I always would want it to be a blue 87’.

Reactions: 1 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Thank you for the compliments, everyone. It's an honor to chosen by the people. It's unbelievably hard to know that you only have a 307 80s engine (gussied up riding lawn mower power) and you have to resist the urge to "fix" that with a 403 or 455.

I didn't start out to be a "purist." I've modded my share of cars and seen so many cars modded at car shows that when I saw that well-cared for, original-owner "survivor" 69 442 at a car show one day, the car stood out to be "rare." It changed my thinking. All-stock is not all-bad. So much so that I started collecting new GM parts for my 85 442 almost immediately after I brought it home from the dealer. Some of the cars just need to stay stock IMO so to represent historical examples. I know keeping things as original looking as possible isn't everyone's cup of tea. Maybe some mod-happy person can buy it from my wife when I croak and do just that. I won't care at that point.

Thank you for the votes, and I promise not to run again after my term ends until at least April of 2022. :)

Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor