GBOTM Congrats dgmeadows, G-Body of the Month for Aug/Sept!

Thanks everyone, I haven't put in for GBOTM in over a year - I kept checking for the right category and either didn't fit or I would miss the submittal window. As I have said previously, I really appreciate this forum, as it was a big help to me, providing both information and motivation for me to go through with my acquisition and resto-modding of this car. For those who haven't seen it, you can check out the build thread here: https://gbodyforum.com/threads/project-diesel-no-more-teen-dreams-realized.83658/

As 69hurstolds says, it ain't "f****n stock", but the build thread will explain why and what it is now. Most people who hear the backstory agree, if there ever was a car that needed a drivetrain swap, this one did.

This is the time of year I start going to car shows and cruise ins, so looking forward to showing her off the next few weekends. And they are never really finished, so upcoming we have (1) installation of missing chrome strip along rear of hood that I was fortunate to obtain in a trade (2) installation of additional speakers (3) painting and installation of replacement of dash instrument panel surround, which has a small crack and (4) installation of Tru Trac posi unit. I have had the Tru Trac unit for almost a year, I just haven't found the time to get it installed yet.

I told my wife and daughters this means more T shirts with my car on them for Christmas 😊

Congratulations! That's one fine, unique looking ride. 😎👍

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor