Console question

Status
Not open for further replies.

RUSTY OL BU

Apprentice
Sep 4, 2009
Fort Fun, Indiana
I have a set of monte buckets in my bu. My question is have any of you guys ran a console with a after market shifter?
MIne is a qaurter stick. But someone who has used a gate style and or ratchet type might help as well. What console did u use? Did you have to make any mods? ect. ect. pics would be appreciated Thanks! 8)

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
I used to have this setup in my bu', I had the malibu console, which is the same as the monte's, only it has an extra compartment in the front of it. I don't have any pics of it, the set up is long gone, but from what I remember, I built a box for the q-stick to mount on (was way to low otherwise), then had to make the slot in the top plate longer (the q-stick had a bit more throw to it than the stock shifter did), and cut out a notch for the reverse lock out lever. Lots of test fits to get the shifter the right height, and get the top plate cut to fit properly. Other than those two things it fit pretty well, wasn't perfect, but it looked pretty nice. (Be carefull cutting the top plate they break very easy, mine was glued back together a couple times after I found this out the hard way.)

RUSTY OL BU

Apprentice
Sep 4, 2009
Fort Fun, Indiana
Thanks oldsmoletick guess i am on the hunt for a console now that i know it can be done. And that it can be made to look ok. That was my biggest concern was the look.... Anyone got a pic of some factory Malibu or monte consoles i cant visualize one. Thanks

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
I have a blow up of the monte console and while looking at it I remembered a couple other things I had to do.***see image***

Where the #7 bolt goes through the console to the shifter, I had to cut that hump out to clear the shifter cable bracket, I also had to trim around the mating surfaces of the console and front extension piece for cable clearence as well. Neither mod was noticable when all put together.

RUSTY OL BU

Apprentice
Sep 4, 2009
Fort Fun, Indiana
Awesome thanks again oldsmoletick! next question anyone selling a console reasonable? Shipped to 46807. Pm me thanks :D

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Hey, just noticed your location. I'm assuming you mean Ft. Wayne? If that's the case I'm right across the state line in Antwerp. I actually live right on 24.
And sorry I don't have a console.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor